Keuka Launch at Keuka State Park

Checked launch 2 days ago. It was 100% ready to go. Park folks are good about keeping it going unless big snow comes. With this weeks warm spell should be pretty much devoid of snow. Doubt the Branchport arm will freeze this year so may be possible to boat fish all winter. Wish I could use it because am sure I would do well jigging for lakers. Unfortunately my boat is at Stivers marina getting $1,600 worth of repairs done to the motor. Ouch! Not the after Christmas present I was expecting.

Hi Pete - Not sure yet. The guy told me over the phone but when he hit me with the price my mind went blank. Said had to wait for a part coming from Japan (Yamaha). Yikes. Only saving grace is a new motor that size would be $7,000 plus so hopefully this old girl will keep running for a long time after she gets her heart transplant.- Al

Just in case you're interested, Ron,the new owner, at the old Hammondsport Motel has done a remarkable job of installing twin concrete ramps and a beautiful dock complex. Launched there thurs and today, all plowed out and bare gravel.

PS--lakers are hitting bigtime this week.

I'm goning to guess that he could park about 8-10 rigs, maybe 3-4 more in summer when you can park on the lawn. He charges $10. He's the only game in town for Keukas south end unless you"re a resident and have a card for the town launch.

Only had one other vehicle parked their with us on thursday and none yesterday so parking is no problem this time of year..

Hey J. Hans Solo

When I go, I like to troll. Use a Seth Green rig and run slow, about 1 mph. You should get some replies from people who jig. I think there are more trollers than jiggers on Keuka. I often will go to Cayuga and rarely see jiggers.

We usually jig up the lakers, decent fight on 8# test and a light rod. A week ago we boated 14 and last sat 45. We only keep what we can use on the grill and release the rest in the water without netting/handling them. Have over a 99 % survival rate. Last week they were all laying with their bellies in the mud.

Have been to state park launch and the motel launch on the south end of Keuka over the last couple of days. No ice in either one. Owner at motel (nice guy) said a couple of guys jigged up 45 Lake Trout a couple of weeks ago. Boat still at Stivers at north end of Seneca. Part from Japan has not come in yet. Glad did not try to get motor repaired during main fishing times.

I hear ya Guff but at least as you noted it wasn't in the middle of the season.....you'd really be going nuts then :D I look longingly at my boat all wrapped up every time I go outside my garage and can't help but visualize what it would be like to be out there :( but once the ice is back in gear it may hold me for a little while anyway :D

Les