Georgia Woman Protects her Children

Justified action, and in that state will be seen as such. Unfortunately, in some states these days, the perp would be the "victim".

One thing that I am certain of, if they take guns from law abiding citizens, our elderly will no longer be able to live on their own. It is my opinion that the ONLY thing that keeps scum from jumping through their doors and windows is the chance they will get filled with holes. In the case of drug addicts, that isn't even enough.

An interesting thought about the elderly folks being victims of drug addict assaults Vince! I have been thinking of some of the friends of mine who are living at home (I have one who is 85 living with me) and are on many pain relief prescription drugs at home. Some codine, some morphine, and others that can be concocted into a crack head cocktail, no need to risk a drug store invasion for the "whack job". It's too easy to get into a home where these folks live and do what ever to feed their need. I live in a very rural area, and from what I understand it takes the police over 11 minutes to respond to a 911 in the city of Atlanta. I can imagine three times that out here in "Lyntucky" two neighbors (gun owners also one a retired sheriff) but the rest are miles away. That wait time will only grow longer as less threat to the perps is enacted. 911 could eventually become similar to getting help from something like a call to Lowrance Marine Electronics...."911..PLEASE STAY ON THE LINE, Please wait for the next available assistant"..5 minute...10 minutes...30 minutes.........your call has been disconnected...CLICK!

V

V

V

SAFETY OFF!......

and so six bullets were not enough for one assailant....and five from a .38 wasn't big enough to stop the intruder from getting tax assisted recovery in a hospital. She did OK, and she is alive, and her children are too! She is a hero!

Mark

Good response Vince! I guess I'd rather explain myself to some judge than have my family hurt or paying for my funeral before my time is up. The reason I bought my first handgun is that I saw on the news (back in 1990) a situation happened in a nearby rural county where a man and his daughter were home alone watching TV and a guy burst into his house with a gun and took his daughter with him into the woods nearby and raped her. I thought to myself at the time how would anyone be able to live with themself after such a thing...I would have rather taken a bullet tryng to prevent him... but the situation served as a wake up call for me. We do live in a peculiar society however where the actual victims are treated as "losers" and the perpetrators are rewarded as "winners" for their criminal actions....often in civil court. Unfortunately, New York is one of those states that panders to the "politically correct mentality".

This is the reason why my wife knows how to shoot all my guns including my glock. Fortunate for us we have no kids so I have no problem leaving guns loaded but this will become an issue when we pop 1 or 2 out. I myself was brought up in a household where all of our guns were loaded but I was taught gun safety at a young age .

Thank God this woman was armed and not afraid to use the 38 to defend herself and her children..Thank God the intruder was not armed, because we all know what he would have done as soon as she popped off the 1st round..Shudder to think,I doubt it would have ended so well..Does kind of throw out the theory about all bad guys have guns...Thank God all turned out well.