Coyote Hunting

Diversion

Guys, it seems that the coyote population is getting rather large at my deer camp in the southern tier of western NY. You can hear them howl both day and night, and it seems as though the deer population is beginning to shrink.

As such, we are going to start hunting them, but need to do some homework on tactics first. Any suggestions on how to or good sources for info?

Check the events calendar on the Gander Mountian website... They often have seimnars on predator/coyote hunting.. I am in the same situation as you and not sure that there are a lot of peole actively hunting them, so it makes it hard to ge GOOD information...

Here is a coyote that I shot this year on opening day of bow season... My camp is just outside Nunda and we hear them at night quite a bit..

Pq1P1DYr.jpg

Try Bark at the moon coyote club. They have tips and a forum for predator hunting. They are based in Fairport. They also have a tournament in January. Its a good time, but remember, its not like on tv. A good predator hunter they say will have about a 1-20 sucess to setup ratio in the east. Ive been doing it a couple of years and havent even seen a coyote while hunting for them, only fox. Dogs is the way to go.

Jeff

Adam,

Go out to Gander or your fav place to get hunting videos and get the Drury brothers Predator videos. There is some awesome stuff in both of these videos. Good Luck, there are alot of guys that hunt them out here. Some use electronic calls and some use dogs. Good Luck, keep us posted on how you do.

Rich

There are several videos made by Randy Anderson on how to hunt coyotes. His videos are great. One thing I learned about coyote hunting is that the colder the temp, the easier they are to call in. Good luck & kill some yotes!

Brian(Goin Deep)