2013 Oswego Pro/Am (Rules now posted)

Our team is def still intertested...would like an Am spot as this is our first round...but open to possibilities.

Glad your hosting your Invitational again as well Tom! Even dont have a team together certainly look to observe again! Great time!

UPDATE

Still moving along daily, an attempt will be made to host the Am's as well at this point as more potential Am teams have now come forward

I had a great meeting this am and the location has been secured by "Oswego Born" Shane Broadwell behind the Quality Inn on Oswego's east side

Shane has been a great sponsor to the Oswego Pro/Am through the years

Shane will also take care of our tent, present a stage, have blue bowls and garbages taken care of as well as a monetary sponsor for other things we will need to help us come as close as possible to paying out 100% of entry fees (Our intention)

THIS IS GREAT NEWS

He also mentioned possibly having hotdogs and hamburgs/drinks available for sale

Sweet !!!!

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

For this year I do not see an open division

I sent out almost 130 requests via E mail to anybody and everybody I knew or to those who requested to be polled

Think I got about 60(?) responses back

Off the top of my head I think I had 4 to 6 responses opting an open division, several of which noted they would fish the Am if it was available

It was a judgement call between info recieved and between Tom B and I as to what would represent the event the best

The decision was to shoot for a Pro and an Am at our first try for this

We truly are sorry if our event hasn't catered to a potential team that wanted to play a part

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

Team Horsin' Around (2011 Amateur Champion) is now making plans to participate in the 2013 Oswego Amature Division. Thanks Tom, Shane and all the others for making this great event happen!

Lou,Paul and Cornelis

Nice!!! Thanks for stepping up again Oswego Born....every town should be so lucky to have someone such as yourself to give back to the community. The Oswego Quality Inn rocks!

We are in Tom. If I can get the kids together for that week, we will enter a kids team in the am division as we did in Sodus last year. If not, we'll enter the Pro division. I like 12 fish, but it's to hard on a kids team...they like to play around some and I like to let them....keeps it fun for them. Even though they showed they can compete with the big guys, I don't want to put them in a position to"need" every fish they hook so 6 to 9 fish is my limit for them.

We'll use it to polish up for your Invitational.....looking forward to 2013!

Sounds great Rod, the Oswego Pro/Am will be honored to have you and I am confident at this point the AM's will exist in Oswego.

We will plan on your participation as well as all others who have said they would play a part !!!

Its exciting for us to hear all your guys eagerness, keep it coming..... please (:

Pretty sure we have secured a title sponsor for Oswego and cant wait to reveal when it is 100%

Thanks Rod for your planning in the Invitational as well, I hope I get to hand you some more cash again this year

Tom

The rules have been set, if there are any major discrepancies that we might need to take a look at we can do that, once proofed by several people we will have them open to the public, hopefully early next week I will have a link available

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

:yes: Sounds great. Lets see if we can get 70 or more teams. Thanks to Tom A, Tom B, Shane and all who have worked so far to make this happen.Be good to see some of the players back from years past!!! Let me know what I can do to help.  

Thanks to all those guys and Ripper and yourself, Greg. That ports way too "fishy" to let a 2 day Pro/Am style event go by the wayside. Most of the guys who fish it can not only remember the big fish they caught in that event, but even a 5 lber that came at an opportune moment--thats what its all about. Making memories while experiencing and celebrating the fishery under ever-changing conditions. See you there! 

Ditto to what Vince said.

Oswego is a "Memory Maker"  and "Dream Crusher" port for sure. Our biggest Musky (ONLY MUSKY) was caught in a Pro-Am there.

BIG THANKS to everyone mentioned here in keeping this event alive. I hope the every day conversations/cooperation keep happening amongst organizers.

You guy's really have a chance here to combine the old way and new way of Pro-Am thinking, and turning it into a SUPER HYBRED PRO-AM MODEL PRODUCT.

Thanks again to everyone involved here, as my team will be there again to support your efforts.

Jerry

REBEL CHARTERS

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

• 2 weeks later...

Important Updates:

Entry and Rules

Rules are now live

https://www.facebook.com/notes/oswego-pro-am/2013-oswego-pro-am-rules/546344558738618

Much time has gone into much of our subtle changes:

Rob Ripka, Tom Burke and myself have conversed amongst each other and with many anglers for advice for a while now, we feel we have them the way we want them at this time

Important Note:

It is a goal for us to attempt to pay out approx. 97% of entry fees, we will have several options to collect entry monies.

1) Through the existing Pro/Am web site (CC)

2) By check made out to "xxxxxxxxx" TBA

3) Cash

We can not get around administrative fees if anyone chooses to enter online through the Pro/Am website, however we can get around them by registering via option 2 and 3, This could hinder payouts as administrative fees are pricey

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a question about the rules.

Can a boat that left from the little Salmon River run into the Oswego Harbor at finishing time instead of having to run back to the Little Salmon River and vice versa?

This is very important if the salmon are very close to or even west of Oswego ,but not close to Mexico bay at all. Last year there were no salmon anywhere near Mexico bay. They were in front of Oswego and Port Bay. The time it would take us to run to the salmon would have cut our fishing time in half  and this made it very hard for us to compete.

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops

Thank you for the answer Tom,but it does not answer my question.

I'll put it in a different way. Is there any rule or regulation that forbids me to start the day in the Little Salmon River ,but end it by running into the Oswego Harbor as long as I am within the time constrictions?

Cornelis.