2013 Oswego Pro/Am (Rules now posted)

Cornelius,

Having a 22K pound vessel, there have been numerous times when I wished we could finish up and come in at the nearest port. Down west here it's always a tough decision for many whether to select Olcott or Wilson, based on where they THINK the fish will be. It was one of the primary reasons why the founders of the Pro-Am style event, Lowrance electronics, had a entry cutoff date. Having everyone wait until the last day to enter based on where their "bite" was, would create logistical and manpower problems, not to mention dockage problems. It's all part of the strategy when planning and teams have to weigh convenience vs potential success, but it has always been return to the port you depart from. If O town is getting back to the foundation of how these events were started, then thats how it will be.

One wind change and your disadvantage one day could become your advantage the second day. Thats the beauty and challenge of the 2 day format.

Thanks for the post Vince.

You are completely right in what you say and I have no problem with whatever rule or regulation there is. It is just that in this case, the docking points are much farther apart (15 miles) than the distance between Wilson and Olcot (6 miles).

No  matter what the rules are, we will stick to them and  enjoy the fun of meeting people and competing. Heck,if we're not careful we might even win.

Edited by rolmops

Thank you for making the effort. I just read all the rules and it states clearly what you just told me. My apologies for asking first instead of reading first.

Cornelis.

• 5 weeks later...

Tom,

I have a question about weather decisions for the Pro division.

I understand that if the weather is good and the fishing day begins, it is the Captain's decisions to quit when the weather turns bad during the day.

If there is a small craft advisory in effect at the beginning of the day, will the fishing day for the Pro's begin? 

It is unclear in the way the wording is on the FB page if it applies to the Pro division.

Thanks,

Andy