Fish on!! Rituals/Superstition

Chas0218

Fish generally hit when I take a leak.... ;) Maybe that's why I drink a lot of coffee when fishing.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Always.....!!!!! once you get your "business in hand", rods start firing! :lol:

HAHAHA :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

NEVER say anything like "Man its nice out here today. I thought the waves were supposed to be bigger?" Its like driving down the highway and saying" I haven't seen a trooper in a while." Less than 5 minutes a cop is on your A$$ or the Waves are kickin up!

It doesnt matter what you do as long as your not paying attention. Light a smoke, crack a beer, eat anything, pee off the boat, open tackle box for umpteenth time to contemplate the same 5 lures. As long as no one is watching they will fire.i think its safe to say we have heard more rods scream then seen them fire.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

AC/DC first thing as your setting the rods, Can't tell the one particular song but it seems to work even in a slow period if ya crank it up. I'm sure some have heard it that were within a mile or so :lol: Then if that doesn't work once in awhile just lightly place your hand on a rod turn look at the crew and say hmm what's on this one. First time I did that everyone yelled a fish. as I turned the drag was screaming.

this is a cool thread because i and my crew abide by the fish laws and have found own own magic spells over the years.  its hilarious that you all do stuff like this.  dont bring bananas, and the usuall water blessing among the coffe and cigarette blessings yada yada etc etc,  first thing you have to do is sprinkle a little magic on the rods and the net soon as there all set.  i fly my net high as to show it off and whene it comes down everybody knows why.  the AC/DC actually works because its worked for you guys too!! " For Those About To Rock" In particular.  if boredom sets in even after the beer and ac/dc dont work, you just grind your teeth and clench your fists and point and swear at the fish and tell them that you would rather sit home and hold wang than handle a smelly slimy fish and that no matter how nice it is on the lake that your selling your boat and buying a farm tractor(even if its not true).  then they will bite.  soon as you say, "well, at least its a nice day, nice just to be out here", the screen goes blank and the gas bill goes up.

When I returned to Ontario, after 20 years, we did a couple of charters and one charter we did was on Free Spirit. Once Capt. Paul got set up he threw change in the water and said the first thing ya need to do is tip the fishing gods. We have followed that ritual ever since. One thing we do a little different is we bounce a coin off of each pole before it hits the water. Pennies do not work.  :)

Shade