New NYS gun legislation????????

Legacy

Looks like my 10 round magizine is only supposed to have 7 rounds now. It looks like I will need to start carrying the clip for 14 rounds and 1 second clip changes, these legislators are idiots.

Here is what I sent them:

You overpaid idiots obviously have no real knowledge of firearms or common sense. This is just a knee-jerk reaction geared toward your own re-election efforts and appeasing the anti-gun nuts and has nothing to do with solving the real problem...the problem is NOT legitimate gun owners! This is just another example of your legislative incompetence and lack of forethought and insight. As expected this goes way beyond dealing with assault weapons per se. It is aimed primarily at limiting individual freedom and extending the invasive power of a dysfunctional government.

I went to bed last night a productive member of society and a contributor to New York States economy,.....then I woke up this morning a outlaw ;(:worried::speechless:

As the bill reads it doesn't go into effect for 1 year from today. So you're still a law abiding citizen...For a year. haha

I went to bed last night a productive member of society and a contributor to New York States economy,.....then I woke up this morning a outlaw ;(:worried::speechless:

As the bill reads it doesn't go into effect for 1 year from today. So you're still a law abiding citizen...For a year. haha

you will still be alright !!!!

Ammunition

Section 38 of the bill amends Penal Law � 265.00(23) to ban all large

capacity magazines that have the capacity to hold more than ten

rounds of ammunition including those that were grandfathered in under

the original assault weapons ban and creates a new ban on magazines

that hold more than seven rounds of ammunition. Magazines that can

hold more than seven rounds but not more than ten rounds and are

currently possessed will be grandfathered in, but may only contain

seven rounds of ammunition. Exceptions are made for large capacity

magazines that are curios or relics.

Magazines that can

hold more than seven rounds but not more than ten rounds and are

currently possessed will be grandfathered in, but may only contain

seven rounds of ammunition.

Jan 14, 2013: referred to codes

Jan 14, 2013: DELIVERED TO ASSEMBLY

Jan 14, 2013: PASSED SENATE

Jan 14, 2013: MESSAGE OF NECESSITY

Jan 14, 2013: ORDERED TO THIRD READING CAL.1

Jan 14, 2013: REFERRED TO RULES

Still time guys call your ASSEMBLY people !!!!!!

Jan 14, 2013: referred to codes

Jan 14, 2013: DELIVERED TO ASSEMBLY

Jan 14, 2013: PASSED SENATE

Jan 14, 2013: MESSAGE OF NECESSITY

Jan 14, 2013: ORDERED TO THIRD READING CAL.1

Jan 14, 2013: REFERRED TO RULES

Still time guys call your ASSEMBLY people !!!!!!

Waste of time, The extreme downstate dem/lib gun grabbing majority in the Assembly has been salivating over this kind of stuff for years, but the Senate has always stonewalled them. The pathetic gutless pukes in this current Senate are no longer an obstacle. It will fly though the Assembly like sh!t through a goose.

Chas, where do you see that? i see this in the text of the bill:

EFFECTIVE DATE:

The bill will take effect immediately except where otherwise provided.

The good thing is that all you guys who feel that your rights are being threatened don't go out and shoot up people.

As for large or small clips, a well trained soldier changes clips in 3 seconds and the extra weight of a large clip usually undermines accuracy. The only use for a large clip in combat is when you are ambushed and you have to run into the ambush with your gun at full automatic spraying bullets into the ambushers.In almost any other situation the gun will be fired at semi for greater accuracy. In short, you really do not need a 25 bullet clip in Olcot or Wilson.

Chas, where do you see that? i see this in the text of the bill:

EFFECTIVE DATE:

The bill will take effect immediately except where otherwise provided.

Sorry it was about them being registered.

Within one year of the effective date, all weapons defined as assault

weapons under the new "one-feature" test, as well as weapons

grandfathered in under the original assault weapons ban, must be

registered. Current owners of these banned weapons may transfer the

weapons only to a firearms dealer or transfer to an out of state

buyer. All registered owners will be subject to a review of

disqualifiers by the State Police.

Nevermind you are illegal with most of the state at this time. Sorry!

I feel for you guys. I feel so much safer over here on the eastern shore of Champlain knowing that your Ruger 10/22's are now going to be Ruger 7/22's At least take some comfort in knowing that it's not just NY, the entire friggin country is circling the drain...as evidenced by the last presedential election.

So will your turkey shotgun be considered an assault rifle because it has a pistol grip? I hope Cuomo gets a landslide LOSS of votes for anything he runs for in future - it's just a chest-thumping power play from a guy desperate to do better than his daddy...

The new classification is what's killing me under the new determination of what a assault weapon is thru s1422-2013. It states things like a muzzle break defined as a device that stops muzzle climb. So is a kicks choke tube illeagle now. Or any semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip. Turkey hunters are using assault rifles or the fact that my savage mark 2 target gun has a threaded barrel so I can change weights and balance the gun is now illeagle. I'm curious to see how many of these new regulations will truly affect us HUNTERS.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

And the other thing that gets me is the clip fed auto-loading Remington HUNTING rifles are now considered assault rifles under the new bill so that means you can no longer buy them. I live 2.8 miles from PA and truly considering a move.

The good thing is that all you guys who feel that your rights are being threatened don't go out and shoot up people.

As for large or small clips, a well trained soldier changes clips in 3 seconds and the extra weight of a large clip usually undermines accuracy. The only use for a large clip in combat is when you are ambushed and you have to run into the ambush with your gun at full automatic spraying bullets into the ambushers.In almost any other situation the gun will be fired at semi for greater accuracy. In short, you really do not need a 25 bullet clip in Olcot or Wilson.

In even shorter, none of that matters in the slightest.

Sorry rolmops but, I don't know where you got your information. As a U.S. Army vet I took an oath at the time of enlistment that stated I would protect the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, either foreign or domestic. Please note the word "domestic". As a citizen I still uphold that oath and the contents of it. NOBODY should be able to say that as a citizen I can only carry a limited amount of ammunition and what I own as a weapon to protect myself and my neighbors. It was a right granted to me/us by our forefathers in the 2nd Amendment to protect it's citizens. A fully automatic weapon is not only used for ambush, but for attack as well. Also the larger clip allows you to carry more ammo without the need to reload all the time & not necessarily on auto. ;)

An electronic database of all guns and ammo purchased in NY....I feel so much safer in my home with a hacker selling that information to the nut jobs wanting a gun for crime. Oh wait the stupid lib. Publications already did that too! Good thing no one knows about the concealed weapon under permit, can't see how many rounds are in it either..duh!

Might as well count out any chance of a new Bass pro or Cabellas in NY....JEEZE...sure hope Dick's gets a better selection of fishing tackle, this fits right into their world of not selling certain ammunition :dull:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sorry rolmops but, I don't know where you got your information. As a U.S. Army vet I took an oath at the time of enlistment that stated I would protect the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, either foreign or domestic. Please note the word "domestic". As a citizen I still uphold that oath and the contents of it. NOBODY should be able to say that as a citizen I can only carry a limited amount of ammunition and what I own as a weapon to protect myself and my neighbors. It was a right granted to me/us by our forefathers in the 2nd Amendment to protect it's citizens. A fully automatic weapon is not only used for ambush, but for attack as well. Also the larger clip allows you to carry more ammo without the need to reload all the time & not necessarily on auto. ;)

I was drafted into the IDF in 1973 and was trained in airborne naval demolition. Thats where I got my information.