New NYS gun legislation????????

Legacy

We just had hearings here in NJ. Pretty much the same BS you guys got up there. At lead they let people speak even though their agenda is set. I listened to a lot of testimony, but this one stuck out and encouraged me to make this video. Pass it along. This woman nails it and the message needs to be heard. Thanks.

Edited by shadster

The sad thing is living in Norther California 65 miles from Oregon, you have to read the New York times to find out what is going on in your own state that wants to take away our guns. Especially after AB 109 came into effect....California will be revisiting the days of the Old West if things don't straighten out........Californian's keep putting the same Liberals back in office in Sacramento.

“Lock your doors and load your guns,†the city attorney, James F. Penman, said he routinely told worried residents asking how they can protect themselves."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/us/crime-rises-in-san-bernardino-after-bankruptcy.html?_r=0

I attended the Ontario County Supervisors meeting for the first time last night when they reviewed their plea to the Legislature for an ammendment to the NYS SAFE law. Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb gave a wonderful speech requesting everyones support of a repeal. All went well until the very end. There were many articulate speakers from the public but you had to be invited to speak by the supervisor from your town. Everyone was in favor of tthe ammendment with the exception of two liberal dems and everything was set to pass although a couple of the supervisors had reservations about asking for an actual REPEAL rather than asking for an ammendment so they voted only on the ammendment and it passed Then the two liberal dem supervisors put forth a motion to stonewall things (there is a March 16th deadline for any ammendments to be set forth) by having the thing "lay over" for public review prior to sending it. We were all disgusted after waiting  2 1/2 hours to hear that crap....and everyone left mumbling things not to be repeated here  :>)

Edited by Sk8man

Its going to take at least one of each major AMMO and gun mfr. to join this boycott to have any real affect.  I am off to write them right now to do so, or my brand choices will be changing - at least while they ca  :(

Suggest we all do the same...

I love it!! If we can't have them why should they! I hope that list keeps growing,

The list will keep growing, I'm sure.

Besides the companies outright boycotting California (Barrett) and New York (the other 5 manufacturers), there are dozens who are taking the less drastic, but still significant, step of asking people to contact their elected officials and express their support of 2nd Amendment rights.

Smith & Wesson and Hornady are just 2 examples that I've covered on my blog. There are dozens more though!

Guys, we all have our feelings concerning our legislators knowledge and /or understanding of honest gun owners and our position on The Safe Act Legislation. A non-insulting personal email to your area representative is the best way to let them know your position. Talk from data not from emotion. We can all share our thoughts on this topic but we need to let them know individually. I have been in contact with Assemblyman Steven Hawley who is at the forefront of legislation to overturn The Safe Act.Contact your legislators.

"As you know, New York State’s new gun law (NYSAFE Act) includes the ability for pistol permit holders to request that their information be kept private and confidential by completing and submitting a State Police “Opt-Out†privacy form.

According to the NYSAFE Act, Pistol Permit holders will have until April 15, 2013 to submit completed forms to the County Clerk’s Office. Permit holders will still be able to submit completed forms after April 15th but I strongly encourage you to turn in your form as soon as possible."

NYSAFE act "opt out" privacy form.

http://www.monroecounty.gov/Image/NYSAFE_Act_Opt-Out_Privacy_Form.pdf

For those of you living in Monroe county forms can be mailed to...

Monroe County Clerk Cheryl Dinolfo
c/o Pistol Permit Office
39 W. Main Street, Room 101
Rochester, NY 14614

In case you want to write our governor here is a great letter that i thought i would share

The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo,
Governor of the State of New York
New York State Capitol Building
Albany, New York 12224

Dear Governor Cuomo:

Shall not be infringed. 
These words, as you well know, are the ones that bar any government in the United States
from taking away the People’s firearms. Men far wiser than we enshrined them in the United States Constitution on
December 15, 1791, and they have guaranteed our Republic ever since.

We all witnessed the horror of Newtown, and I understand the passions that the actions of a mentally disturbed
mass murderer can stir up. Indeed, it’s easy to seek a simple answer—to suggest that if guns magically “went
away†such things would never happen. But, in a land where 270 million firearms are already in circulation, any
ban merely disarms the law-abiding. As President Ronald Reagan so wisely noted, after being shot himself by a
mentally deranged assailant, “You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to
get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key,
at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun
controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience.â€

Unfortunately, the New York SAFE Act does not faze criminals. All it does is infringe the Constitutional rights of
the law-abiding citizens of New York. However, those rights are not the government’s to infringe. We, the People,
told the government we would be keeping our right to bear arms way back in 1791. And, for the record, we didn’t
do this to, as you recently suggested, “shoot a deer.†As James Madison—the visionary who wrote the United
States Constitution—said, “The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess
over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.â€
Why did we keep this right? Because, as Madison’s fellow delegate to the Constitutional Convention George
Mason told us, “to disarm the people was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.â€

The U.S. Constitution is clear. The imperative that we all do our part in taking up arms to defend New York and the
United States, found in Article XII of the New York State Constitution, is clear, too. And, the magnificent words of
the New York State Civil Rights Law, Article II, Section 4 are clear as well: “A well regulated militia being
necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.â€
Governor Cuomo, we are good people. We are law-abiding people. We own our firearms, including our modern
rifles, for individual reasons. Many of us do, as you suggested, “hunt deer†and other game. Others of us work in
dangerous neighborhoods, or fear that those who would harm our families may one day violate the sanctity of our
homes. Still others feel they have an obligation to live up to the words of Article XII of the State Constitution:
“The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state.â€

The New York SAFE Act, however, has made many of our good neighbors, who, like us, own firearms, into
potential felons. We haven’t changed our behavior, but our state government has criminalized our rights under the
Constitution and the New York Civil Rights Law. We are reasonable people, but this is not reasonable.

Mr. Cuomo, we are asking you and the Legislature to do the right thing. Repeal the law you passed at midnight with
virtually no debate. Address the real problems with mental illness. You have an opportunity to set things right.

As a free people, we will not give up our freedoms. We expect you, as our elected employee, to understand that.

Sincerely,

The letter is a very good one and covers the issues in a well thought out manner. Thanks for sharing it.

I am also heartened by the stance taken by some of the firearms manufacturing firms who are boycotting the government agancies. If the main ones come on board this may be more powerful of an influence than anything the rest of us can do but keeping up the pressure on all fronts is necessary.

Edited by Sk8man

Please contact these Republican ring-leaders and give them a piece of your mind

Remind John McCain, Tom Coburn, Eric Cantor and Scott Rigell that working with anti-gunners will only get more gun control, not less.

*** Senator John McCain (R-AZ)602-952-2410;
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmccain

*** Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK)405-231-4941; 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/teamcoburn

*** Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA): 804-747-4073; 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ericcantor

*** Congressman Scott Rigell (R-VA): 757-687-8290
Facebook: 
http://www.facebook.com/RepScottRigell

Capitol Hill sources tell me this legislation could be moving in the Senate in the next few week. 

That's why it's so important that we turn up the heat on the Republicans in Congress.

Gun owners must urge them to dump the McCarthy-Schumer Gun Registration Scheme.