New NYS gun legislation????????

Legacy

Considering the track record we've seen the last few years (wrong address, wrong person, innocent target), although it's disturbing, I'm not bothered by law enforcement being better trained at threat identification. Looking for a fat white guy with a gun? Don't shoot this fat white guy because I'm holding a cell phone.

Wasn't there a push to switch to blue silhouettes a few years ago because some idiot decided black silhouettes conditioned law enforcement to shoot black people?  You just know that came from some guy making way too much money who's never touched a gun in his life.

keep pressure (writing)  on your representatives... we are losing the battle of public opinion, and Obama is pouncing on it!

first AR ban 45% americans in favor, latest AR ban proposal 54% in favor of it

Edited by Shorthanded

Just blowing alittle steam. Don't get me wrong, Im still for judges and police officers for doing their jobs. No use for Liberal dems! The worst thing is, These people are thinking these ar,.s are doing all the killing, It's not the case, Most are done with little pocket pistols, By people that don't even have the rights to own guns, Big time Felons that got their patties slapped and put back out on the streets, Maybe some of these judges that don't abide by the New York laws that were written on people caught with a pistol without a permit should be put in jail! If i remember right i think that law says a year in prison or should the person that wrote that law be put in prison? Seems to me Ithaca New YORK just seen this first hand with the guy that just shot a police officer, The guy that did the shooting was caught before with a pistol and drugs,Not punished for it. Plus drugs before that,Probation! This is his third time, What we gonna do now, Let him walk again!  HOG WASH!!   We don't need anymore gun laws,  They need to go by whats already written, They can't even do that right.    

https://usjf.net/2013/02/disarming-americas-heroes-2/

If you are a veteran, you may have already gotten one of these nice VA letters.

If you are not, could Americans on Social Security see one?

More backdoor ways to trample your liberties and ignore even the 5 th amendment.

This administration thinks there is no constitution. Just more evidence that paints a broader focus on all of your rights being ignored....EVERYONE!...GUNS OR NO GUNS!...it's a trend, and not good.

Why does everybody have their knickers in a twist over this legislation?  If we all just refuse to comply, what is the SNY going to do?  Build 3000 new 700 bed prisons for us?  Start a shooting war with us?

Enforcement can go only as far as the People will tolerate.  Stand together and we win.  Regardless of what laws are passed by a bunch of baboons in Albany.  Just say, "NO."  Otherwise, keep your balls high, your powder dry and your mouth shut.

Molon Labe.

FAILURE TO MAINTAIN SUCH INSURANCE SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH OWNER'S REGISTRATION, LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.

Guess the pinhead thinks the Constitutional rights are a "privilege"...and who is going to revoke a registration that isn't there. No registration...no insurance. Just like a non licensed driver, but less dangerous. :*:mooning: 

You guys will love this...reported today in our local news here in VT. Good luck to you all at your rally! 

ALBANY, N.Y. —New York will change its newly toughened gun law so military-style rifles and high-capacity semiautomatic handguns can be used on the sets of TV shows and movies.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislators say Wednesday they'll exempt the productions in New York from bans they rushed into law as the first in the nation after the Newtown

They must also quickly fix another error that could soon put police officers carrying high-capacity magazines in violation of the law.

The need for a "clean-up" bill means the fight over the law may not be over after all.

An estimated 10,000 opponents of the new restrictions will descend on Albany Thursday as legislators consider additional amendments

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new-york/plattsburgh/Semiauto-rifles-for-TV-movies-OK-under-NY-gun-law/-/9277622/19109770/-/7yis2d/-/index.html#ixzz2M9QFf3ua

Great rally in Albany today, Heir Cuomo was on Long Island, a lot of great speakers, a lot of great signs, around 5,000 attendees, hope you can make one of the future rallies around the state, we are not going to win without a fight. One bit of good news, Heir Cuomo decided not to expand Bloombutts soda ban to the rest of the state  LOL

In case you want to write our governor here is a great letter that i thought i would share

The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo,

Governor of the State of New York

New York State Capitol Building

Albany, New York 12224

Dear Governor Cuomo:

Shall not be infringed. 

These words, as you well know, are the ones that bar any government in the United States

from taking away the People’s firearms. Men far wiser than we enshrined them in the United States Constitution on

December 15, 1791, and they have guaranteed our Republic ever since.

Unfortunately, the New York SAFE Act does not faze criminals. All it does is infringe the Constitutional rights of

the law-abiding citizens of New York. However, those rights are not the government’s to infringe. We, the People,

told the government we would be keeping our right to bear arms way back in 1791. And, for the record, we didn’t

do this to, as you recently suggested, “shoot a deer.†As James Madison—the visionary who wrote the United

States Constitution—said, “The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess

over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.â€

Why did we keep this right? Because, as Madison’s fellow delegate to the Constitutional Convention George

Mason told us, “to disarm the people was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.â€

The U.S. Constitution is clear. The imperative that we all do our part in taking up arms to defend New York and the

United States, found in Article XII of the New York State Constitution, is clear, too. And, the magnificent words of

the New York State Civil Rights Law, Article II, Section 4 are clear as well: “A well regulated militia being

necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.â€

Governor Cuomo, we are good people. We are law-abiding people. We own our firearms, including our modern

rifles, for individual reasons. Many of us do, as you suggested, “hunt deer†and other game. Others of us work in

dangerous neighborhoods, or fear that those who would harm our families may one day violate the sanctity of our

homes. Still others feel they have an obligation to live up to the words of Article XII of the State Constitution:

“The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state.â€

The New York SAFE Act, however, has made many of our good neighbors, who, like us, own firearms, into

potential felons. We haven’t changed our behavior, but our state government has criminalized our rights under the

Constitution and the New York Civil Rights Law. We are reasonable people, but this is not reasonable.

Mr. Cuomo, we are asking you and the Legislature to do the right thing. Repeal the law you passed at midnight with

virtually no debate. Address the real problems with mental illness. You have an opportunity to set things right.

As a free people, we will not give up our freedoms. We expect you, as our elected employee, to understand that.

Sincerely,

Name

Street Address

City, State ZIP

First I'd like to say there is NOTHING honorable about this man and second Mr. Cuomo and the legislation haven't done the right thing in years why would they start now ????  I don't disagree with contacting our representatives to let them know how we the people feel but thinking that any mail sent to our governor will be seen by him personally is a joke

Great rally with my brothers and sisters in arms yesterday. As I told all who couldn't go "I'll go for you". Met with Dave DiPietro who took about 20 of us to the floor of the assembly for introduction. My guess of crowd estimation is somewhere between 10-15K but that is my poor approximation. What is next? Support the split ny legislation? Boycott hunting license? I know that will raise hackles. I know the 2nd is not about killing deer and will cripple DEC. But what else can we do? Write, call, volunteer and attend rallies? Tim, you advise to "remain focused", but when I'm seeing red it's tough. When is the "line in the sand" crossed? We will all have to determine that for ourselves. KUDOS to the Remington Arms employees who attended and a salute to all who attended and were there in spirit. Please remember that these are our Constitutional Rights that are being infringed. AR's today, 870's tomorrow? You make the call.

http://www.wben.com/A-WBEN-Photo-Album-The-Gun-Rally-Express/15679793#0

I think you number is a bit low. I've been seeing attendance numbers more in the 10,000 to 12,000 range. Wish I could have made the trip.

Tim

I was there - certainly more than 5000. I would tend to agree with the 10,000 to 12,000 number

AP: Cuomo must prove New York's gun laws required speedy vote in Legislature

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/cuomo_must_prove_new_yorks_gun.html

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A group of 1,200 New Yorkers has forced a court review of whether New York's new gun controls were rushed into law in violation of the state constitution.

Robert Schulz, of Warren County, calls Gov. Andrew Cuomo a "king" for pushing through the nation's toughest gun law by suspending the three-day review usually required before votes on bills.

Cuomo and legislative leaders agreed on the bill in closed-door negotiations and put the politically dicey measure to a vote at night in mid-January. That was after Cuomo issued a "message of necessity," which allows the constitutional waiting period to be suspended.

Schulz and his co-plaintiffs won an order Friday that will require the governor and Legislature to prove the message of necessity was warranted.

Cuomo had no comment.

More here too: 

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/dozens_of_onondaga_county_resi.html