TX 44 and Copper

I just picked one up. I'm going to try one on one side and will run a big board on other side with identical setups. I will see how they track and run compared to one another.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Funny you ask....I talked with Paul about this about 3 weeks ago. I'd like to try them also, but that's because I want to run more junk lines. Tough to do with Big Boards.

Did he say if they were an issue?

Funny you ask....I talked with Paul about this about 3 weeks ago. I'd like to try them also, but that's because I want to run more junk lines. Tough to do with Big Boards.

Did he say if they were an issue?

Feel free to give me a call. IMO its no problem at all fighting a fish on an inline BUT you have to know how to do it. I can expalin it easier over the phone than I can on a keyboard.

Paul

814-796-6320

Ive been running the 44 for a couple of yrs now and love them. There are days when i will run 4 boards on each side of the boat. Reeling in the boards in can be a pain in the butt, but deploying is easy once you get it figured it. One thing i do suggest is to put 3ft pcs of 30lb mono between the copper and power pro where the board is attached. With the waves on lake o there is a lot of stress on the power pro eventually the line will break and losing all your equipment is costly.

We have pulled 1000' coppers with tx 44' s.....no issues. Point your rod tip at the water and they come in easily....even when hooked up. That's the trick to inlines....tip to the water.

Your my hero! What reel can you put 1000'of copper on?

We have pulled 1000' coppers with tx 44' s.....no issues. Point your rod tip at the water and they come in easily....even when hooked up. That's the trick to inlines....tip to the water.

Oh no... :rofl:

any fish that I have to run a 1000' copper to catch is safe from me..... I'm just sayin'

Tim

Yea, I hear ya. Up until last year I was all about long coppers, but last year they just annoyed me. We try not to go over 300 for clients. May Kings and Staging Kings seem to get us to break out the 4's, 5s, and 6's. We run those long ones more in tourneys than anything else. Sodus 3 or 4 years ago we were running 6's on the boards and a 7 down the chute at one point. Our riggers were from 150-180' down. There is a time and place for it.

any fish that I have to run a 1000' copper to catch is safe from me..... I'm just sayin'

Tim

THATS THE TRUTH. On my boat when we hear drag screaming we run to the rods to see what one it is, when I see its the copper I run back to my chair and sit :rofl: and use the whole " I have to watch for traffic" even if we are all by ourselves. 8)

Shimano 30 Wides. They are offshore saltwater reels. Best thing about them is when they go off it sounds like a chainsaw! They put insane amounts of line back on the reel per crank, stick them in a rod holder and go (after you take the board off). Not sure exactly how far down they are, but we pull huge lakers 300 down (as seen on the sonar) with them.. The perfect setup for the unruly customer :) But we use them in certain tournament situations as well.

1,000 copper I think I would have to brake out the Fish Wench we use for Tuna , 600' kicks the normal's guys rear ....after a couple of take downs..

I do love copper for Lakers on Oregon lakes....nothing deadlier

I know this is a little off course but i run my offshore walleye boards in the spring for the Browns. I love them and honestly feel like i catch more fish using them over my big boards. dont know if they give alittle differnt action or if it just luck, but they def work better. I have caught Browns, Bows,Coho, and Kings pullin that way with no problems. I now even pull my 10 colors all summer that way and love it. They are alot easier to deploy and to switch lures. Yes the weight of the board is there wile fighting the fish untill you remove it, but there are a few differnt ways to rig the board so they will free slide on your line if you choose. Again I know you are more thinking of Copper but dont rule the smaller boards out for browns and cores either!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

I know this is a little off course but i run my offshore walleye boards in the spring for the Browns. I love them and honestly feel like i catch more fish using them over my big boards. dont know if they give alittle differnt action or if it just luck, but they def work better. I have caught Browns, Bows,Coho, and Kings pullin that way with no problems. I now even pull my 10 colors all summer that way and love it. They are alot easier to deploy and to switch lures. Yes the weight of the board is there wile fighting the fish untill you remove it, but there are a few differnt ways to rig the board so they will free slide on your line if you choose. Again I know you are more thinking of Copper but dont rule the smaller boards out for browns and cores either!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Good points. We like to use the Walleye boards on our short coppers (50-300's) and they work fantastic. The thing that has helped us the most with the Church Walleye boards is to slide the weight all the way forward. That helps the board run further out and forward as well as balancing out the weight of the copper behind it. We bend up the plastic releases as well just to keep them higher off the water, which also helps the boards run up further. We also put our rod holders up as high as we can, even running copper rods up off the arch. The higher the rod tip is, the further out the boards will pull to the outside and forward.

Shimano 30 Wides. They are offshore saltwater reels. Best thing about them is when they go off it sounds like a chainsaw! They put insane amounts of line back on the reel per crank, stick them in a rod holder and go (after you take the board off). Not sure exactly how far down they are, but we pull huge lakers 300 down (as seen on the sonar) with them.. The perfect setup for the unruly customer :) But we use them in certain tournament situations as well.

Rick,

Would you be allowed to run these at the Oak? lol