Advice on Decent Sonar

Adk1

Getting ready to outfit my new to me Starcraft Islander 221v. It came with an older Eagle fishfinder which I would like to replace. I am a Humminbird electronics fan.

Lake O will not be my primary waterbody but hope to get there a couple times a year. Must haves are high resolution or "HD"..a good GPS and map base. I would like to be able to add navionics maps and updates etc. The 5" screen is fine for me. I dont think I really care about the Down Imaging or side imaging..

Any thoughts suggestions or recomendations on what you have would be appreciated. My budget is well under $1,000

Semperfifishing has the Furuno 627 with a P66 Airmar transducer for $859 which is by far the cheapest anywhere.

You will get a fishfinder that is as good as the Furuno 582 with a much better screen resolution and also more user friendly.

The best way to get it is by registering onto "The Hull Truth" website and buying it through there. He also sells the Sitex SVS 650 with P66 Airmar transducer for $635. This finder is said to be the equal of the furuno 620.

It is probably the most bang for your buck.