Backer for a Daiwa 57/Leadcore rig

Here's our plan.. We want to put 10 colors of leadcore on Daiwa 57's segmented in 2 five color sections with 50' of 20# mono between them. Any ideas on how much 20# mono we can put on under the leadcore? Thanks.. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

If u have 2 reels, start by setting one up in reverse with backer on top, spooling till full. Then wind that onto reel #2 and count levelwind passes while winding on the backer. Then just wind the same number of passes of backer to the other.

Just make sure while loading, keep adequate tension the whole time.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

I'm not sure how much 20lb mono backing you'd be able to put on.

Instead of mono, 20 or 30lb power pro backing might be a better choice depending on what type of fishing you are doing. For typical Lake Ontario salmon fishing application, I would go with the power pro, you will be able to fit much more backing line on the reel under your lead core.

If u have 2 reels, start by setting one up in reverse with backer on top, spooling till full. Then wind that onto reel #2 and count levelwind passes while winding on the backer. Then just wind the same number of passes of backer to the other.

Good Point.. Just trying to get out of a bunch of reeling.. plus get an idea of how much 20# mono will fit with 10 colors of core. Thanks

Instead of mono, 20 or 30lb power pro backing might be a better choice depending on what type of fishing you are doing. For typical Lake Ontario salmon fishing application, I would go with the power pro, you will be able to fit much more backing line on the reel under your lead core.

These rigs will be strictly for walleye on Erie or N/E Ontario. It's doubtful well be getting into any real screamers on them, so we shouldn't need too much backing. I just like mono better for clipping onto the boards. Thanks

Good Point.. Just trying to get out of a bunch of reeling.. plus get an idea of how much 20# mono will fit with 10 colors of core. Thanks

These rigs will be strictly for walleye on Erie or N/E Ontario. It's doubtful well be getting into any real screamers on them, so we shouldn't need too much backing. I just like mono better for clipping onto the boards. Thanks

This might work for you..

http://bloodruntackle.wazala.com/?page= ... t&id=42240