downspeed

Gray Fox

Im running a depth raider and so are a bunch of other gys on here. The probe is smaller and u are less likely to ruin it with water since the guts are seperated fromthe battery. Both use the same technology, so u cant go wrong with either. It coems down to digital or analog.

I've owned 'em both and liked 'em both. Both are super-reliable. Basically it comes down the the display you like. The needle on the Moor is easy to see, but so is the digital display on the DR. Marine General seems to have a good price on the DR.

I also own a DR but just for the record, the probe may be shorter, bit it is the same diameter as the SubTroll probe. I've seen em run side by side on the same boat, there is NO difference in blowback between the two, so the smaller probe really isn't an advantage to the DR. The epoxy sealed circuit board, double seal on the cap and superior battry displacement are advantages, but the probe size is meaningless.

It really comes down to whether you want an analog or digital display, since they are both built on the same technology (Moor's by the way). You can't go wrong with either of them.

Tim

pembrook bait shop had the best price on the sub troll , his wife works in bufflo right bye moors shop and she picks em up on her way home & saves on the shipping , and passes it onto his customers , ive never owned a DR but from the past exp, copys of stuff are never as good as the original !

• 2 weeks later...