spoon hanger/storage?

hawkeye625

I'm looking for ideas on how to store spoons under my hard top. We've been using plano boxes but would like something a little more open. I've seen spoons hanging in several boats around the docks but never paid much attention to what they were hanging on.

Also thinking about dipsy's / flashers and flies. Maybe something with clear pockets. Just trying to make the best of the off season and thinking of ways to free up space in the boat.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff

I am a converted Bass n Pike guy. So I am a rookie... but this is what a came up with last year when a trip to the tackle shop was fruitless.

I emptied my Bass Pro Soft bait bag and filled it up with flasher/flies nice because its compact and the bags a plenty thick to resist hooks. Also big enough to hold dipseys! 9 bags in each side plus pockets for snaps n stuff!

2013_01_Jan_flaser_bag_005.jpg

2013_01_Jan_flaser_bag_003.jpg

2013_01_Jan_flaser_bag_004.jpg

I was thinking of using a light chain with a dog clip at both ends. I would Clip it on a couple of well spaced eye botls then hang my spoons from the links 2 per link. the spoons above would cover the treble hooks below and so on. You could fit alot of spoons that way then unclip them and stor them when not in use. it might be a litlle noisy thoe!

Anybody else ever try this?

You will not like the noise. If you can put up a small dia swim noodle, you'll be much happier.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I use one BUT only for spoons I want to put down or just changed out and leave them there till done for the day......not good for running at speed unless you figure out a way to hold them down they will bang against each other.....

FairHaven022.jpg

FLM20011003_zpsfbfcd1bf.jpg