Sodus Bay

JRS

I looked yesterday before the snow came and there was several spots of open water scattered around the bay. Then we got all that snow last night. Even with near zero temps it will take awhile to freeze with that big blanket on it.

Just in from the bay...Went out of Connellys Cove did not find any fish from 5ft to 18ft all dinks. The story was the same from the guys who went to 25fow. Thin layer of snow = decent ice 3-4inches... deep snow = thin ice 2" in some places. Not enough fer my liking. Still we tried for a few hours. Good to finally be on the hard water again. Just dont be fooled by the dummies with their sleds! The ice is not good enough for that IMO.

West side near state launch not fishable yet 1.5-2" of ice. Maybe next week will be better if we dont get to much rain. Good Luck.

fished yesterday 2-7 4-5 inches of 3rd creek 28 fow. not a ton of big ones around, brought home 12. But caught a 10lb brown! that was pretty fun through the ice!

there is a spot where the ice changes from all nice and smooth to broken up looking. We went into the broken up looking ice i wanted to see if it was any thinner than the rest and it was about the same where we went. But there was another spot that looked a big different out a little farther so not sure on the thickness on that. but everywhere we checked ice seemed descent. will be back in the morning!