finger lakes in June???

Definitely worth bringing the boat. June is a very good time here in the Finger Lakes. Some lakes are better than others for Landlocked Salmon and Rainbows, but you will find good trolling in any of the larger lakes in June. Which lake you thinking about?

We'll be staying in Enield with daughter so Cayuga&Seneca.I have a 17 1/2' starcraft 4 riggers planerboards leadcore elite-5 gps/ff and tackle addiction collection. Hope to fish those two lakes and may also head to Lake O for one day depending on the wind forcast.

BARRY

June is great, one of my favorite months. Definitely come fish.

And yeah Enfield! Love the FL, I'm 15 minutes from Treman, Taughannock, and Cayuta Lake. Watkins is 30, Sampson SP is 40 minutes. Ahh too bad it's not a little warmer in the winter though.

"Only" 0 degrees here this AM. Mostly alewives. The smelt population goes way up and down but seems to be down the past 10 years or so. I forget where I got the info originally but read that 90% of the biomass in Cayuga is estimated to be alewives. Small spoons and streamers are good here too.

Seneca and Cayuga give you a pretty wide variety of fish to target. IMO Seneca is generally better for landlocked salmon and Rainbows, but Cayuga has those, an occasional Brown that time of year, plus very good laker action trolling or vertical jigging.

I agree with others, June is a great month to chase cold water fish on the finger lakes. Just a heads up, the fingers have several invasives including the spiny water flea that can be a nuisance and also they could try to hitch ride home to NH with you so take the proper precautions on both ends. I have been fishing Seneca now for 2 seasons targeting landlocks and have had some long tough days with few fish and some amazing days with some real trophies. Good luck with your trip!