Favorite Dipsy color

I am sure someone will say it but do a search this is asked about once a month. With that out of the way.

I like black and the orange with white bottom and yellow ring. I caught my biggest king to date (21lbs.) on the orange w/white bottom. I have caught many fish on both. So it's really a toss up between the 2.

Kings have loved a kelly green diver since the 80's. For steelies, my favorite diver is metallic purple.

The guys that like all black divers do so, not because they work any better, but because they are trying to remove diver color from the equation.

Tim

yellow/green and white/glow....

blacks and purples have not been working for me the last couple yrs, when they seemed to be hot a few years ago. Maybe because of the flasher/fly combo's i am running???? in either case, ANY dipsy, is a good dipsy!!!! :)

My favorite dipsy color ,which has been consistantly effective for 20 years is what I call the Raz ma taz. It is a rasberry dipsy on top silver bottom with a black ring. use either regular ring or the oversized one. I have caught more steelheeds and salmon on this than any other dipsy color. I also use a clear snubber with all my dipsys.

Jay Levy

Chrome dipsy w/green dots and DW green oversize ring, UV green w/ same DW ring on sunny days. Black or watermelon sometimes. Early or overcast I use black w/ glow dots, black DW ring, glow dipsy w/green dots glow DW ring or the same UV green as above.

Total Chaos

• 1 month later...