Pretty slow on Honeoye today but.....

Sk8man

There was about 4 inches of hard solid ice. It was slow going though and aside from losing a good one at the hole (I think Walleye but didn't see it) we had a keeper pickerel, bass, and a couple dinner plate gills (my son got them :>) It was a bit chilly though (5 degrees this AM and only moved to 10 all day and windy) It looked as though the folks fishing out deep (middle) didn't do well at all from the looks of it as they didn't hang around long....of course another factor may have been the :D weather. My wife said I should be "committed" ...my response was " I couldn't be any more committed than being out there today in that weather :lol:

Les

Steve - We fished out from Trident Marine mainly east side about 11 - 15 ft of water. They hit waxies wouldn't touch spikes worms or rubber. All fish came from jigging...nothing on the tip ups with shiners., There were guys fishing at extreme north end out from beach but they picked up and went in early didn't look like they did much. We didn't check the south end.

Adm Byrd - If my son had learned to ice fish from you all his tip ups would have been tangled together :D:lol:

Way to go Steve. It's anyones guess what will happen to the ice with the rain today and then 50 plus degrees tomorrow....I'm hoping to get back into some of the huge pumpkin seeds like I got the other day there (glove is extra large size).

sunnys.jpg