FISHIN AGAIN? Icefishing 2013

FISHIN AGAIN?

Well guys not much to report about. Made it down to Silver Lake a couple of weeks ago at first ice and got some Gills but didn't pound em. Yesterday afternoon I took the Boy to Braddocks for some Hot late afternoon Pike Fishin. Well it wasn't even lukewarm. Two hours and not a flag was seen on the entire bay. The boy was bored and now he hates Icefishing again. Oh well. Today January 28th I went down to the north end of Conesus Lake to pound on some gills. They were hitting really well unfortunately they were all small. Two might have kept. Might try it again this weekend if ice holds. If you see me out somewhere this season stop and say Hi. I will be the one with the black Steelers coat. Sorry Ravens fans I can't root for them this Sunday. See ya. Brian

Well guys not much to report about. Made it down to Silver Lake a couple of weeks ago at first ice and got some Gills but didn't pound em. Yesterday afternoon I took the Boy to Braddocks for some Hot late afternoon Pike Fishin. Well it wasn't even lukewarm. Two hours and not a flag was seen on the entire bay. The boy was bored and now he hates Icefishing again. Oh well. Today January 28th I went down to the north end of Conesus Lake to pound on some gills. They were hitting really well unfortunately they were all small. Two might have kept. Might try it again this weekend if ice holds. If you see me out somewhere this season stop and say Hi. I will be the one with the black Steelers coat. Sorry Ravens fans I can't root for them this Sunday. See ya. Brian

but remember...if the niners win they will have as many wins as the stillers with no losses...not good;go ravens.

Yeah...The ice fishing on Braddocks over the weekend was real slow.... I had one flag on Friday and then yesterday in the sleet, drizzle, and rain I had only one flag from 9AM till 1PM and that was probably a perch flag if that...The minnow looked like something had tried to take its head in and decided it was too big...About ready to call it a day when I noticed a flag at a little after 1 PM...a steady turn of the tip up spinner let me know that it was no perch...I won't say how long it took me to land this northern, but it took quite awhile and I was by myself... I had to force him through the 7-inch hole...I used my hook gripper to get a hold of his lower lip and haul him through...Biggest pike I have ever caught...An ice angler had a tape and scale...His numbers were 41 inches and 15 pounds...This northern was really a brute... I guess you never know...

Hook 'em

POPS aka PINES

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my last trip. Went to Conesus on Wed. morning and fished until 3:00. My buddy put in tip ups but I just jigged for gills. Have no idea how many we caught. Between the three of us we kept around 50 decent gills and one bullhead. I saw other Bullhead swimming around. I lost a nice Crappie at the hole. Probably won't make it back there till next week. Might try Braddocks or Long Pond tommorrow afternoon although I know it has been slow, but it's close by. Till next time.

I never saw a flag while I was there but there is a report on Ice Shanty that a couple were caught that day. We saw one on the Camera. I have been there when there are no flags flying at all then one goes off and someone gets a fifteen pounder. Ya never know. Use some smaller minnows ya might get Bass and Crappie, there are some slab Crappie in there.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on Braddocks yesterday from 9-2, had 20 tipups in and we got 4 Pike on top. We had seven runs. I tried tip downs first for a while for Perch with not much goin I switched for Pike. Perch bite seemed pretty slow for most that I talked to. They are probably slaying them today.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, there were some die-hard, brave, hard-water fisherman on the East end of Oneida today.

God Bless them!

I fished the East end Friday ice was 7-10' everywhere I was.They are still running sleds and wheelers. Ice is as good or better than any ice I have been on locally this year.

Hope the DEC doesn't check IQ's on those guys :lol:

Hard to judge ice conditions or peoples mental status from your computer. 

I was totally JOKING.....I'm just as crazy....and....my son and I both went through this year (at the the same time too on Honeoye) and got to test out my Arctic Armor suit in 4 ft. of water so my comment wasn't exactly unfounded either :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I spent what ice season there was on Oneida, on the south shore.

I've fished thru the ice on that lake since the late 1970's..................I pulled the plug a couple weeks ago, and didn't need a computer for that.

I've been in the water before, more than once, and THAT is not my idea of a good time whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...