Thinking of buying a TR-1 Gold with remote (question)

rapala

I have a 10" manual heavy duty motor lift bracket, with a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke. Will I have any problems using this set up. As of now, I have a Sport Pilot Plus, (But) worked ok. Our marina I presume will have low water this season coming. With the Sport pilot plus I can only raise my outdrive up to the 1/3 position up. Therefore if I can't go into trailor mode my outdrive will hang up on bottom. Question will this work with the 10' lift motor bracket. Also, will 9.9 Honda control the direction of the boat with the outdrive in the straight position or should I raise the out drive to trailor position.

Thanks

Bill

I added the TR1 Gold to my Grady last year which has an outdrive and a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke. Excellent autopilot. You'll love it. Couldn't be happier. I leave my outdrive down when using it however you can bring it up also. You have to make that decision prior to tuneing the autopilot. Have it in or out whatever you choose when you tune it so that it calibrates correctly.

I don't know a whole lot about autopilots but wouldn't the boat steer better (perhaps with fewer position corrections) with the out drive in the down position (as a rudder)?

Bill

I have a TR-1 on my PennYan 255 with a Yamaha 9.9 HT. It will handle any conditions I want to be out in, within reason. I usually have the outdrive down and strait ahead but have tried turning it slightly into the wind to help the kicker when the wind gets up there, not sure if that helps too much.

I don't live very far from you and sent you a pm with my contact info if you want to look it over, give me a call

Roy