Separate Forums - Question for LOU Members

Two separate forums - one for "Pike, Tigers, Musky" and one for "Walleye"  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Two separate forums - one for "Pike, Tigers, Musky" and one for "Walleye"

• YES - split them up.
    • NO - keep them together like it is now.

Hi guys,

It was suggested to me by a fellow LOU member that when we launch the updated version of the LOU website in next couple weeks that we consider separating the "Pike, Tigers & Musky" from the "Walleye" and have two separate forums.

Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on if you would like to see this happen or not? Here is a sneak peak at what the updated site will look like for those of you who haven't seen yet:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36857

Thanks for your feedback!

Chad

I'm indifferent, but then again I like living vicariously though the walleye guys when on the esox hunt and keeping tabs on when its time to think about a shift in gears. So no issue here with me on current format.

Then again they are different enough to potentially warrant separate forums.

I'd read em all either way

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

On the internet, in general, Walleye boards are usually the ones with the highest hits to post ratio. Seems like everyone wants to catch them but there seem to be only a few really willing to share info. Just my $.02

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Wouldn't matter to me if they are separate... as nitro said, I would prob read both even though i don't walleye fish much. There is not as much traffic in this section as the coldwater sections anyway...

I do think would be cool if you had to be a registered member to read the esox section like for the trib section. Muskies are a precious resource here in NY and we may see more action in these forums if they were not open to the general public. It is free to register anyway, so if someone is really interested they can take the 2 minutes to register. Just a thought...

As long as I can read about it, I have no issues with it being the way it is or if it would be split up. Some people are in fanatics about a particular fish and I understand that. Not putting them down. You can probably find a die hard website on creek chub fishing. Doesn't affect me either way. I fish for eyes more than pikes and pickerels and I never target musky, although that may change, I thoroughly love reading the reports from everybody. Pics are good too and the hows and whys and passion that is what we do. Change it all you want, it is still the same to me.

Hi guys -

Thanks again for all the great feedback :yes: I was indifferent and wanted to leave it up to the members to decide what they wanted to see. I've been very busy working nightly on putting the finishing touches on the new site. I'm hoping to get it out the door next weekend. Will push it back if needed to make sure we get it right but as of now, things are looking pretty good. No jinx....

Cheers :beer: ,

Chad