Scotty Hp rigger for probe?

Just watch the auto stop beads. If they are not set right your probe will slam into the boom and cut off the probe and ball. They do not have real auto stop like Cannons.

Thats what i thought he was talking about in the first place! I know more than one person who lost probes that way.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Scotty's are quality riggers BUT, they lack features that Cannons have.

Ok I can obviously see the features you get with the Digitroll models but that just isnt in the budget. ;( How does the autostop work on the Mag 10 stx? Is it really better than the Scotty because to be honest the Scotty seems better otherwise (in my price range).

With Scotty's I've always used 2-3 stop beads together and never had any problems with them moving or losing them.

I set them to stop the probe/ball at the water line and then put another stop bead just before the swivel hits the pulley.

Actually the only time I ever had an issue with the beads was before I used an X-4 the beads would catch in the spring antennae for my Cannon Intellitroll. I think the larger tube type antennae would've solved that problem.

yeah, what mudflat said. I had old cannons years ago, that were pre autostop, but they were so dreadfully slow it didn't really matter. I upgraded to Scotty 1116's in 2003 and fell in love with them, upgraded to 2116's last year. Never, ever had a problem with the autostop beads. I also use 2 sets of autostop beads with the first set stopping the rigger with the probe/weight about 2' below the waterline, to mute out the sudden stop due to how unbelievably fast these riggers are, then a second set a couple feet up to get the release into reloading position.

I've used the new Cannons on other people's boats and really didn't care for them that much. No big negatives, but I like my Scottys better in every conceivable measure of comparison.

Tim

Well I have decided to go with Scotty 1116 which was my original thought. I don't think I need the extra speed of the HP model and don't like almost double the amp draw that they require. My Honda kicker does not have a charging system and I still dont know how I'm going to deal with that because the dock will not have electric. :devil: Anyway many thanks to all who posted to help me with the decision.

Brian I really respect your opinion and if I had the money for the Digitroll I would have gone that way. :yes: Thanks again.

Well I have decided to go with Scotty 1116 which was my original thought. I don't think I need the extra speed of the HP model and don't like almost double the amp draw that they require. My Honda kicker does not have a charging system and I still dont know how I'm going to deal with that because the dock will not have electric. :devil: Anyway many thanks to all who posted to help me with the decision.

Brian I really respect your opinion and if I had the money for the Digitroll I would have gone that way. :yes: Thanks again.

You will be very happy with your Scotties. They are good riggers. Good luck with them Lee.

yeah, what mudflat said. I had old cannons years ago, that were pre autostop, but they were so dreadfully slow it didn't really matter. I upgraded to Scotty 1116's in 2003 and fell in love with them, upgraded to 2116's last year. Never, ever had a problem with the autostop beads. I also use 2 sets of autostop beads with the first set stopping the rigger with the probe/weight about 2' below the waterline, to mute out the sudden stop due to how unbelievably fast these riggers are, then a second set a couple feet up to get the release into reloading position.

I've used the new Cannons on other people's boats and really didn't care for them that much. No big negatives, but I like my Scottys better in every conceivable measure of comparison.

Tim

Second that!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 4 weeks later...