Honeoye lake

JRS

Looks like snow on top of the area that looked like open water the other day. I think that what appeared to be open water was actually water on top of the ice.....but then again maybe I'm being a bit optimistic :D:D

I spoke with my son who lives near the east side of Honeoye today and he was out checking the lake and said that there are many spots of open water in numerous places so it looks as though we may be shore bound for a bit yet.

Hard to tell. I don't think anyone has been out there to check it (and returned) :lol: I've been monitoring the web cam and this morning it looked as though someone was checking it out close to shore in near the launch ramp at the south end but I couldn't make them out clearly on it.

I fished Honeoye yesterday out from Trident Marine. The ice thickness varies from 2 inches out near the middle (reported to me by others) to 3-3 1/2 inches solid ice on the east side (only fished out to 12 ft.). Area in front of Trident is not real great because of the bubbler off to the side of the ramp leading to the lake....need to use caution there.

• 2 weeks later...

I fished Honeoye yesterday and today and there was 7 1/4 inches in most places....and yes I did actually measure it :)  The near shore areas are  questionable in some spots and care needs to be taken there. Yesterday 30 large sunnys and gills, a keeper largemouth,  and a small pickerel all jigging. Today, a half dozen good sized gills and sunfish and nothing else. A lot of "lookers" both days (especially today though) but they wouldn't hit despite many changes of jigs, bait, line diameters rods/reels...you name it. It may have related to barometric pressure or something of that nature....

Fished Honeoye today (all day) from Trident marine. Be advised it is no longer possible to walk out there from Trident as of tonight . The ice near shore has been severely compromised (all broken up) by the bubbler near there and although there is about 5 inches out away from shore there is now no way to get to it from that location....today was it for the ice fishing for this season for me.

Oh....and did I mention that I no longer have a cell phone? and.....that my Ice Armor suit saved my butt when I went in? Yup thats the kind of condition of the ice near the marina....

Edited by Sk8man