Sporting clay o/u Reccomendation?

salmonite

Try Gun Broker.com.. I bought a new in box Weatherby Orion 12 Gauge.. I have had the same gun in 20 gauge for about 20 years and always wanted a 12.. Got a great deal on it... Had it shipped to Crackshot Gun Shop in Hamlin and he charged $25 for the paperwork..

It is amazing how many guns they have listed and if you stay with the sellers with great feedback, things seem to work out well.

Just another option if you are looking for a used gun..

Hey actually seemed fine with it and was very helpful.. It only took him a few minutes to do the paperwork and background check...

I talked to a couple of other people a well and they were all willing to help.. Gun Broker has a list of FFL Holders in your area that will accept guns... I am assuming that they only list people that are willing to do the transactions.

Beikirchs lists it on their website as one of the service they provide..

I would have to recommend a Browning. I have a older GTI that has over 20k rounds through it and has never failed. My shooting buddies have Charles Daly's and all have had to be repaired. Thw buddy with the Weatherby doesn't shoot often enough to give it a real test.

High Bidder

• 1 year later...

Weatherby Athena with screw in tubes is a solid choice as well.  I grew up shooting one for mainly trap, but shot some clays with it as well.  Shot it for 8-9 years and loved it.  I don't know if it really makes a difference as far as company's go, as long as you pick a reputable one. If it fits you well and you're confident with it you will be deadly! :yes:

Beretta 391. Its all about how the gun for you. It make a huge difference between pulling the trigger and squeezing it. Proper fit is more important then gun in my opinion. If you have a chance to shoot sporting clays at brooks there are many fine shooters that would help you. I'm not one of them but have asked for help.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Duckman that fit is critical for a clays gun or any shotgun. Beretta has been supplying their autos with adjustable shims/washers (to adjust cast and drop of the buttstock) since their 390 models.  There are other less aesthetic ways to adjust a stock (Velcro spacers) and some experts can actually bend wood stocks using heat, oil, and pressure.... but I've had great luck with the Beretta autos(390's and 391's) for clays and hunting...... and would highly recommend them. Keep them clean, and they're very reliable. Benelli's also come with shims, and they're an inertia based recoil system, so they are less prone to powder fouling...... but my experience is all with Beretta's, and it's all good.....