Keuka Anyone been jigging keuka or seneca?

What depth are you jigging at/what what are you using? (tube jigs?) I have tried jigging a few times before and never had much luck, but always read posts where people hammer them! Maybe there is a trick to it that i haven't quite figured out yet...

Guppy,

WE use various jigging spoons both 3/4 and 1 oz. Dimond jigs, Northland Tackles Buckshot spoons( their perch color usually works best for us). Sweedish Pimple(white). Lakers uaually like anything white, last week our best catcher was a silver 1 oz diamond jig covered with white electricaql tape.

The secret is to have a quality fishfinder and know how to use it, no use jigging "where they ain't". Sometimes takes 30-45 minutes of searching with the color video to find a school then use the bow mounted electric motor to stay with them.

This time of the year they can be found from 100 ft to the bottom, usually around 135 where we fish.

Rodbuster,

I'll take the morning shift and you can have the afternoon, sure plenty for all. Noticed that we are getting more 4+ poundeers this winter than last, sure are fun on 8 lb test.

Laketrout, I'll take the afternoon shift.....it warms up a bit. That is the primary reason we have been going miiday. In the summer we go early. Yes there are plenty of fish, and we uusally dont keep any....although yesterday five went to the smoker.....

The fish do move around....I have been there about 7 times since the weekend before christmas, and they are somewhere different everytime.

Laketrout,

Thanks for the info, that definitely helps! I think part of our problem is that we don't have a great fishfinder (and probably don't know the settings on it as well as we should either!) I really love trolling on Keuka, but i also know that fighting a laker on light tackle is much more exciting than on a downrigger rod.