Spring Brown Trout Fishing

Hi Guys

I plan to try spring brown trout fishing at Lake O. I have a couple of questions about timing and location:

* Is the fishing good around Wilson and Olcott? I read a lot about further East but would like to limit the travel is possble

* What is the earliest it starts? When does it peak?

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Mexico Bay and Sodus Bay come on first, but not far behind is the water from Olcott to the mouth of Niagara, the water around I-Bay and the Genesee outflow, then the Oak. Pick your poison. End of March thru April peak time. I am sure others will chime in with their take.

Its really weather related. Last year with the exceptionally warm spring we were fishing in mid March. I fish the Wilson to Point Breeze waters. Look for fishing to start up once the lake gets into the 40's. Look for colored water, clear water in shallow makes for tough conditions and for me usually means sliding out for lakers.

A Wilson/Olcott launch will be productive. Mid-March or so when the lake hits the magic 40 degree.

My advice is to monitor water temps wherever outflow enters the lake. 12 Mile creek and East beyond Olcott are good areas.

Stickbaits longlined behing planer boards inside and just outside of a mudline will do good. My preference is to troll in 8-10 FOW at 2.3 or less and make several passes in areas where there is a warmer temp than usual.

Hope this works for you. Perhaps we will see each other on the water.