choo choo says "good bye"

Well after 34 years on the railroad....I retired Yesterday!!!No more walking on them damn rr ballast stones and rr ties....no more 250 mile round trip commute!!I am gonna miss my co-workers and some parts of my job (track foreman)....but i would much rather FISH than work! I have met some of you LOU guy's , and i am looking forward to doing a lot more fishing , and meeting and crossing paths with many more of ya's this season. good luck to all....choo choo.

Well after 34 years on the railroad....I retired Yesterday!!!No more walking on them damn rr ballast stones and rr ties....no more 250 mile round trip commute!!I am gonna miss my co-workers and some parts of my job (track foreman)....but i would much rather FISH than work! I have met some of you LOU guy's , and i am looking forward to doing a lot more fishing , and meeting and crossing paths with many more of ya's this season. good luck to all....choo choo.

Congratulations!!!

I just started a new job today and ten more years I'm otta there.

New job, same old sh_t different place. :(

Glen

Congratulations! I spent 34 years with the state (NY) and it'll be 11 years I've been retired in June....you'll wonder in some ways why it took you so long to do it once you realize you finally have a little control over your life and what you do with it daily. :D Good luck with the fishing!

Congradulations! I spent 34 years with DuPont Co, and I retired almost 4 years ago. Now I get nothing else done I fish almost every day,161 guide trips last year as well.You will find yourself with less time available then when you were working and will need an extra trash can just to toss all the AARP junk mail that will show up in your snail mail box every other day!

Congratulations!!!

I just started a new job today and ten more years I'm otta there.

New job, same old sh_t different place. :(

Glen

Thanks Glen...good luck in your new job....i hope the next ten years go real fast for you....see you in the spring!

Congratulations Steve. I guess i won't see you in Lyndhurst anymore... thats good for you!!

Enjoy and relax!!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks Pete!! I do plan on fishing and relaxing for sure.I won't see you down in Lyndhurst....but i'm sure i'll see you off of Nine Mile and Alcan this year!!

Has Been,ERABBIT,GAMBLER...thanks...hope you all catch lots of big fish this season...even bigger than last year! (GAMBLER,you're going to need a bigger net!)

salmonite...awesome...your retirement day will be even more special !

jimski2...you are going to have to have a long talk with wifey about what"retirement" means ! (good luck)