Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEye

WELCOME TO THE UPDATED LOU :-)

Good morning LOU!

I can’t tell you how excited I am to welcome you to the updated site. After a long night of implementing the updates that have been in the works now for well over a year, I am proud to say that the updated LOU is now up and running!

If you find that you have questions as you navigate the updated site, please don’t hesitate to contact me or check out the video tutorials I’ve created:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/topic/34486-tutorial-series-for-updated-lou-website/

One major update I want to share with you all is that my wife Katherine and I are expecting our first child this July :party:  My wife is thrilled and I have an excited, nervous, excited, scared, excited kinda feeling.  I figured launching the updated site would be a good way to start practicing for those sleepless nights that are surely coming. 

LOU has always been as much about making memories and spending quality time with family & friends as it has been about learning, sharing and enjoying the great outdoors.  Like my father before me, I can’t wait to take my child out fishing someday and show them a way of life embodied by so many LOU members here.

Thank you again for all your support of LOU over the years and here’s to many more :beer:

Enjoy!

Chad

Congrats on the little one!! Family is the best :)  and thank you so much for your work on the new site!! Great job and much appreciated!!

Nice work Chad!  Congrats on the baby!

Shawn

Congrats, Chad! Great news! Navigating the new site, here. Nice job, I'll get the hang of it.    :)  Steve............ 

Let me know if you have any questions guys - I'm happy to help the best I can. 

Enjoy your weekend!

Chad

Wow the site is awesome! Congrats on the lil one. My wife and I are trying but not haha.

The new site looks great. I love the text options in the banner bar for posting. Congrats on your new baby!

Quick question on posting a video:

Since I plan on posting some video this year using my new Gopro, I plan on simply posting my video to Youtube, and then simply copying and pasting the URL within the body of my post. Is this OK? It seems like the post on "How to post videos" is from 2008 and seems to be a bit more complicated.

Second question on Pro membership: What extras on the site do I get for my Pro membership?

Thanks again Chad,

- Chris

Like the new site.  Great job.  Congrats on the little one comming.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Since I plan on posting some video this year using my new Gopro, I plan on simply posting my video to Youtube, and then simply copying and pasting the URL within the body of my post. Is this OK? It seems like the post on "How to post videos" is from 2008 and seems to be a bit more complicated.

Hi Chris - with the new site, I believe all you need to do is post the YouTube link and it will automagically display the video, no extra work needed - just the link.   As for the Pro Account (less than $1.70/month), here is a list of what you get - Click Here.

Tom, Chas and Big Dave - THANKS!

Chad

Great job Chad! and thanks for all that you do with this website. You are correct when you mention the possibility of "sleepless nights" when the new little one comes along but it doesn't last forever and it will be well worth it. After a while you'll wonder what you ever did without kids but that won't last long either....when they hit the teens :>)

Les

Hi Chris - with the new site, I believe all you need to do is post the YouTube link and it will automagically display the video, no extra work needed - just the link.   As for the Pro Account (less than $1.70/month), here is a list of what you get - Click Here.

Tom, Chas and Big Dave - THANKS!

Chad

Thanks for the quick reply and again, I thank you for an awesome site upgrade.

- Chris

chad this is awesome. team dipsy ranger  wishes you the best of luck with your new one on its way. great luck to you and your wife. 

Chad;

Congrats on the new family member expected in July!!!  The site looks great, nice job, we are very lucky to have you at the helm!!!!!!!!!  :yes:  :)

Guys - thanks so much!  I'm blown away by all the positive feedback so far - its been amazing!!  Not going to be making any more site changes (except bug fixes as we find them) for a while now just to let everyone digest the new look and get use to it.  Judging by the amount of posts and activity today though, it doesn't seem like it is taking many users very long to get the feel for the updated look.  Still I think less is more right now so time to just sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend :yes:   Won't be long now till the open water season begins :beer:

Good job on the site. Looks clean and easy to navigate.  Congrats on the baby news.  I made my wife take the night shift  :rofl: