83/200 or 50/200 ?

Xxx

I need some HELP please, I made my mind up, and I'm going to purchase the ELITE7 unit it comes with 3 different transducers to choose from 83/433 or 83/200 which they say is good up to 900ft,or 50/200 which is already on back order, so that must mean that the 50/200 is very popular, but which ducer should I get? I talked to a guy that said he can see his down rigger ball and can see fish come to the lure and back out if it doesn't take the lure, what transducer is that? I mainly fish for walleye but am very interested in salmon fishing also, I mainly fish around the back side of Galloo and the shipping lane towards Main Duck Island, and the Hidden Island between Galloo and the shipping lanes, I have decent luck with the walleyes there, with that being said which ducer would suit my purpose best, I want to see my rigger balls and maybe the flasher/fly if not to far back, what ducers do you guys use,maybe when the factory ducer fails I will invest in a Airmar. THANKS PAP ps. I know this question was in another thred but I can't find it and maybe things have changed with the more powerfull units.

I found the info I needed to know, I'm going to get both the 83 and the 50 they also sell a selector switch so you can choose what ducer  you want at that given time, so basically you can go from the 83/ in shallow water to the 50/ in deeper water, the 50/200 will show therocline better the 83/ up to 120ft will show more fish cover more area because of the wider angle of the cone.

you can run your fishfinder on split screen, 50 on one side 200 on the other, 83 is 60 degree, 200 is 20 degree cone angle, 83 probly pick up more of the shallow fish. I have heard that it is not too reliable below 60 feet. I have always used 50/200. Maybe someone that runs the 83 will give you better info.

Edited by Gezijamez

On my boat I have all 4 frequencies. 433 will pick up the thermocline while at high speed and is great in shallow water also provides excellent definition. 200 will pick up the thermocline at trolling speed and is good generally down to about 200 feet provides good definition. 83khz will not pick up the thermocline but will pick up fish down to about 500 feet and is good for fishing the great lakes, 50khz will show the bladder of the fish and will see fish down to 1000 feet.

I thought that the 83/200 would do better than 60ft, on my old Humming Bird 727 that I had a 83/200 ducer on that and I would be able to split the screen and have the ability to see fish and the bottom at 150ft, that unit has 4000 watts peak to peak this unit has 31,000 watts peak to peak so I was thinking 83/200 would be fine and the 433 would be for the down scan, maybe for now I'll get those two for now,and later get the 50/200 but I'm not shure I'll be needing the 50/200

Thanks to everyone that replied back, threw all this mayham about (WHAT) transducer to get, I met anouther person on anouther board who's father is a field test person for Lowrance, and he went over all the possibilitys and was the one that told me about what ducer does what, but I still wanted to hear your opinions because they are (FACT PRUEVEN) statements, HIS explanations were incredable on what does what but there were some gray areas, that you folks, with your input removed from some of those gray areas. I thought with no replys that maybe I was one of those outcast people, as it does seems that this site is a tight nit site, maybe I was one of those on the outside?   Anyway I THANK those that put their input forward. PAP

You are not an outcast.  Not everyone can speak to the technical info you request.  In the end you got some real pros ("Matthew" is mister Torpedo Diver and Capt Scott aka "Silver Fox") responding to your questions so I would say you got some top notch advise in a timely fashion from this site.  Welcome, there are no outcasts.

THANKS Gill-T, I think I have everything figured out. This is a big step for me and I want all my ducks in a row, I made other posts that never get answered, and there were about 200 views before someone chimed in, meanwhile I found out what I needed to know,but the others that posted removed all of the grey areas I had. THANKS to everyone that replied! PAP.

THANKS Gill-T, I think I have everything figured out. This is a big step for me and I want all my ducks in a row, I made other posts that never get answered, and there were about 200 views before someone chimed in, meanwhile I found out what I needed to know,but the others that posted removed all of the grey areas I had. THANKS to everyone that replied! PAP.

Pap, you shouldn't take that personally.  I think most of us read just about every post on the board, but if we don't have anything of value to offer in response, we don't spew unhelpful nonsesne just to raise our post count.  I know I don't (though I'm sure some people find the advice I DO offer to be of dubious value :lol:  ).

Tim

Pap, you shouldn't take that personally.  I think most of us read just about every post on the board, but if we don't have anything of value to offer in response, we don't spew unhelpful nonsesne just to raise our post count.  I know I don't (though I'm sure some people find the advice I DO offer to be of dubious value :lol:  ).

Tim

Tim;

How can you say that, I take everything you say as gospel!  :)

Have a great day!

John

Tim

Bingo.  I've actually cut back on my responses because I saw my post count.

Keep in mind that most of us are just like you, Pap, at various stages of the learning curve (right at the beginning, in my case).  We tend to read as things come in as new, so you'll get lots of members looking before you hit someone that can answer your question (which was a good one, by the way).

Tight lines. 

Warning: require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /var/www/vhosts/lakeontariounited.com/httpdocs/fishing-hunting/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1180 Warning: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /var/www/vhosts/lakeontariounited.com/httpdocs/fishing-hunting/admin/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 836

Tim;

How can you say that, I take everything you say as gospel!  :)

Have a great day!

John

:)

I'm starting to feel the love between you two!

Warning: require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /var/www/vhosts/lakeontariounited.com/httpdocs/fishing-hunting/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1180 Warning: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /var/www/vhosts/lakeontariounited.com/httpdocs/fishing-hunting/admin/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 836

I'm starting to feel the love between you two!

:rofl:   :drunk:   :pizza: