NEW: DVDs on Great Lakes salmon fishing, by capt Dan Keating

jfneron

tn_DVD%20cover%20Part%201.jpgtn_DVD%20cover%20Part%202.jpg

For info, see: http://www.bigfishsportfishing.com/library.html

I tried to place an order through their web site but it cannot accept orders from Canadian Paypal accounts so far. The only way to order is by phone.

Price is 39.95$ usd for both titles together + 10$ for shipping (8$ in USA).

Note that the DVDs will start being shipped only next week.

J-F

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine. Santa found the extremely large hint I left on the kitchen counter. Cant wait to watch them. The TV with the DVD player is being monopolized right now by my sons PS2 he just got.....It may be a while before I get to jump in and watch the DVD's. UGGGGHH!!! ;(

I got mine and watched both. I hesitate to give a review and blow it for those of you who have not watched it yet.

There were some things I liked, and I did learn a thing or two. I expected to learn more though. I found that I already knew almost everything he went over. Maybe I expected to much....I dunno?

I'll keep it at that and I'll look forward to hearing what others say after watching it.

I thought it fell well short of my expectations.

I've read 1 book and thought the same thing. It's almost like he doesn't want to share too many of his personal secrets. Very basic. Any one of us could have wrote that kind of info. Maybe his other book is better? I don't know.

I'd say that in general, it was somewhat entertaining. I'll certainly watch it a couple more times to see if I can get something out of it that I missed.

Don't get your hopes up to high on the lure selection. It seemed to me like he talked about it for awhile without really telling you a whole lot of anything beyond basic salmon fishing 101.

Let us know what you think. Like I said, to be fair, maybe I expected to much???

Rodney,

Look at it from the other perspective. You have never really fished for Salmon and wan to know what to do. I watched and have copies of Chip Porter's videos that Traveling Man purchased a number of years ago when we were just really getting into the salmon scene. I found the same thing that we already knew a lot / most of it from this and other boards. It was still exciting to watch as the blod started to boil watching them catching fish and remebering what we were missing until next spring/fall. Maybe Keating's videos aren't as "hands on" as Proter's were??? Don't know have not talked to you avout them.

Also not a big reader so never read his books.

Yes, I totally get what your saying Clark. I'm certainly not saying they are not worth the money, nor worth watching. My opinion (and I've only watched them once so far) is that they were worth buying. I figured if I only learned one solid tip that I put into my everyday practice, It was money well spent. Well, I picked up a couple tips I will definitely put into practice.

Also, I found the video quality and editing to be very good and very professionally created.

That beng said, I just felt as though it was lacking content in certain areas, and there was a lot of info left out. I'll be really interested to hear how others feel after they watch them. I've said above that maybe I expected to much ??

All in all, they were still fun to watch. Got me pumped for spring @ the bar!!!!!