CONTROLLKING VS TROLLMASTER

lumberman

I had a trollmaster (the basic model) on one of my boats and a controllking on my smaller lund - they were both essentially the same and both worked well - I did like the dial on the control king a bit better as it was a bigger knob and seemed easier to make fine adjustments

Trollmaster on mine (9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke) for 4 years, only once after a year, the servo motor went bad and I called the company. A very nice lady directed me to the tech department and they knew it was the servo, so the OWNER of the company spoke to me and apologized for the issue, which I thought was not even necessary for something that happened after one year, but he said he was sending me a new, updated servo. Next I was back on with the nice lady who answered first and she took my address and then said it was on it's way. I was ready to give my card over the phone but she said not to worry, it's covered. Next day it's in my hand...FREE shipping overnite...NO charge...I was very impressed and was able to fish a tournament the very next day! I will be buying from that company again and recommend them to anyone. 1st class all the way :yes:

Mark

I am a ControllKing Rep. Let me know what you have for a kicker and I will get you the best price with shipping included.

Make, stroke, year and HP is what I need to know.

Hit me at [email protected] and I will get back to you if we have a unit for your kicker.

Also let me know if we are shipping to USA or Canada.

Thanks

Brad W.

I have been running a Trollmaster Pro 2 last couple years.  Went with the digital as I thought it would give better range of control.  Like the idle feature and ability to dial in my speed.  Only negative I see is that it's not waterproof so you have to keep it protected.  Have gotten it wet a few days but have been able to dry it out.

I have been running a Trollmaster Pro 2 last couple years.  Went with the digital as I thought it would give better range of control.  Like the idle feature and ability to dial in my speed.  Only negative I see is that it's not waterproof so you have to keep it protected.  Have gotten it wet a few days but have been able to dry it out.

I hear ya on the waterproofing.......this Itroll says it's watertight and that alone seems worhty of looking at, but the website says this hasn't even been released yet, and no price posted....I'm not big on being a guinea-pig but anxious to see if this itroll does what it says.......seems a little too complex to play with underway, IMHO simple sometimes is better

Just ordered a Trollmaster 2.  I found all the reviews that I could for the two and it seemed like the reviews were slightly higher for the Trollmaster. I also like the idea of the more precise digital readout on the Trollmaster 2 instead of trying to find the exact spot on the knob for the Con Trollking. 

• 2 weeks later...

A C'mon Willy take the plunge!!!

BARRY

Well, I placed a call to them. This is perfect for my boat (pontoon with 50hp Merc Bigfoot) without a good place for mounting a small kicker. My SmartCraft TrollControl guage only allows a 1000 RPM ceiling, which is good until I fish into a light breeze. Need to see the $ before taking the plunge.

Edd