Which wieght? (size&shape) with new HS riggers?

Mike M

Replaceing tired old cannon mag10s from 80s & early 90s. Been running 12lb round balls for many years. Probably going with new cannons or maybe scotty HS electric riggers.These new riggers can handle up to 20lb wieghts.I'm leaning toward 15.5lb torpedos from Atomic.Theres others to choose from though,any advice on this?? Also with torpedo type wieghts how do you carry them when there out of water,running,trailering etc.. My ball buddies always worked great with the 12lb round balls, running,trailering etc.Will ball buddies work with torpedo style wieghts?? I like running same wieght and shape riggers on all there rigs. Plan on goin after those really deep Kings (100-200ft) down. Any advice thankyou. 

Have been running 13 lb torpeodes off 2 riggers, one each side. They get set on the floor when running, they never move around for me. The riggers are swivled to the stern of the boat for running and 45 or 90 degree for trolling. The torpedoes have a rear fin that stops rolling, but also makes use of a ball buddy useless. The buddies might work if you notch opposite sides to fit the weight. I plan to up the weight to 15 lbs. this year, and have a pair of 20 lbers to try when needed.

You can't beat the price or efficiency with those A-TOM-MIK torpedoes. We fish them down to 125'ish, and you could fish them down even further if you wanted. I HATE blowback, so if we are going deeper than 125' we typically go to a 20lb shark. I have seen guys put them in the cradles when running, but if I were you and had to trailer the boat I would take the 5 minutes and disconnect them and put them in a 5gal pail.

MIKE M  I am in the process of getting a 16 pound torpedo weight mold made. It will be just like my 12 and a half (it is in the classified page 4 or 5). It is going to be about half the price of the torps that are out there now. I'll post when I get some done. Regards Troutman 87

MIKE M  I am in the process of getting a 16 pound torpedo weight mold made. It will be just like my 12 and a half (it is in the classified page 4 or 5). It is going to be about half the price of the torps that are out there now. I'll post when I get some done. Regards Troutman 87

can I be first in line