Various rants from some cabin fever victims

I use a variety of sticks off the boards...... regular and jointed Rapalas, Jr. T/sticks, Smithwicks, Rebels, AC Shiners, etc.

The fish will tell you what they want.

Anymore, I use almost nothing but Suttons off the riggers, 'cause they always seem to want those.

I heard a speaker at a seminar last week say " I'd rather have the wrong lure color in the right location, depth and speed than have the right lure color in the wrong location, depth and speed.

Made sense to me that the most important factor is location depth and speed.............color of lure is down the priority list.

But its fun to talk about colors and lures.

Well, I see we have a different view on lures and colors, with that being said what is tha general rule for speed, like the new fishfinders all have gps's no more speed wheels, so all speeds will be gps speeds,where do you guys start at and then generally end up, being a walleye guy slow-slow=slow, I read on here somone says they were up to 3mph with the kings hitting at that speed and caught his biggest coho,to me thats flying

We will ahve to meet up sometime and you will have to show me your oswego box, sodus box, and I bay box of sticks and spoons

im genuinely interested now

that's not what I was saying, but you just enjoy yourself.  I was referring to your pathetically ambiguous initial response.

Well, I see we have a different view on lures and colors, with that being said what is tha general rule for speed, like the new fishfinders all have gps's no more speed wheels, so all speeds will be gps speeds,where do you guys start at and then generally end up, being a walleye guy slow-slow=slow, I read on here somone says they were up to 3mph with the kings hitting at that speed and caught his biggest coho,to me thats flying

3.0 on the GPS is not flying when your talking Kings, Cohos and Steelies. Cohos and Steelies can be very aggressive fish.

Thanks guys for the info, that will give me an idea of where to start and then the fish should fill in the blank as far as where to end up at with the speed, I think I'm getting the hang of this, THANKS to everyone for their input, with that being said I want to apolgize to Captian Carl for redirecting this thead as he was looking for what lures where hot for other folks on here, and with some dispute about what works where the thread got out of hand, so please answer the original title (what lures were hot for brown trout last year) thanks PAP

The first post in the thread where I posted pics of my fav 2 stick baits for the OP?

No, sorry, I was talking about this one: Post #13

as much as we talk about what we like to use

a stick bait is a stick bait

a spoon is a spoon

I took that to mean that you were saying that color and pattern were irrelevent, just throw anything out there.  If that wasn't what you meant, sorry bout that, my bad, that's the way I took it.  That was what I was saying was ludicrous and what I was responding to.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

No, sorry, I was talking about this one: Post #13

as much as we talk about what we like to use

a stick bait is a stick bait

a spoon is a spoon

I took that to mean that you were saying that color and pattern were irrelevent, just throw anything out there.  If that wasn't what you meant, sorry bout that, my bad, that's the way I took it.  That was what I was saying was ludicrous and what I was responding to.

Peace,

Tim

yeah just a misunderstanding... I was responding to the guy who asked if there were different patters that worked better in different parts of the lake.. And I was saying in my opnion if you find a stick or spoon that works 1 place it works in another...

I wasnt very clear

I too fish Walleyes, and your right, it will feel like your flying, at first.

When your used to .08-1.2, 2.2 does seems fast.

Fish on, I fish mostly for walleye, and was fishing for them early AM. in the fall we had caught a few on the back side of Gallo ISL. and then we came around to the trench to try for salmon, so we switched over our gear for salmon and started to troll towards Associated ILS. and started at about 1.8mph and was along side of a charter, and thought well I'll just stay out of his way, move up towards Stoney ILS. and he started pulling away from us, meaning going faster so I started to speed up to stay along side buy plenty far away and soon we were at 2.5mph and thats where he stayed with his speed, and he was catching fish like mad!,but he circled around and headed back down and we kept going towards Lime stone shoals, once we were all alone thats when it seemed like we were flying, soon one rigger went off then the other we had 2 fish hooked up with 4 polls out and 2 guys it was great, we landed the 2 kings my uncles was huge as I only had a walleye net along she busted the handle right off but I grabbed the ring of the net and got her in she weighed in just under 37# first king ever and mine weighed in the 20's so we reset everything and kept going towards the Black River and soon a dipsy fired and a rigger fired off, we lost the dipsy fish but landed the rigger fish, the screen was loaded with fish, we think a school of kings left the trench and was headed for the Black River, we stayed on fish all day untill we had enough, word on the radio was things slowed down in the trench but we were on them all day and had the whole lake to ourselves best day ever on the bigO.