New Speed, Temperature and Depth Unit

Matthew

Word has it a new Patent Pending Wireless Speed, Temperature and Depth unit is going to be unveiled at the LOTSA March 14th Meeting and the Grand Rapids Ultimate Fishing show, with a probe that is 1/2" diameter x 4" long. The probe can be used for live readings on leadcore, copper, dipsys, riggers, torpedo's or flatlining with next to zero blowback. Multiple probes can be used at the same time.

It is made in the USA

Edited by Matthew

Forgot to mention the cost will be lower then the lastest speed, depth
and temp unit out there and you can run up to 6 probes off the same
unit. Also can be used off your or your friends android phone by
downloading an APP which means you don't have to look at the drivers
console every time you want a reading.

Torpedo?

The new unit is not made by Torpedo. It has been in the works for the past 7 years. I know what it takes for a new company to get off the ground so when I see a new product that is good for the industry, it seems right to do whatever possible to help them. This new product is certainly going to help broaden our understanding as to exactly what is going on sub surface. Since this unit can be placed on other items such as divers, copper etc. and not just downriggers it provides a huge gathering of insight, especially since it is providing live feedback. A downrigger weight (due to the weight) stays in the same position, we have found our divers ( since they are relatively light ) move around in the water column, especially when hit by a current wall. This movement provides very interesting results as I am sure we will witness by many reports this coming fishing season. The new unit that I used this summer was schooling me how to troll effectively ( after 30 years of fishing for Salmon and Trout ) for salmon and trout. The added knowledge helps us to understand how currents play a big part in our ability to produce the most effective bait presentation.

Edited by Matthew

The new unit is not made by Torpedo. It has been in the works for the past 7 years. I know what it takes for a new company to get off the ground so when I see a new product that is good for the industry, it seems right to do whatever possible to help them. This new product is certainly going to help broaden our understanding as to exactly what is going on sub surface. Since this unit can be placed on other items such as divers, copper etc. and not just downriggers it provides a huge gathering of insight, especially since it is providing live feedback. A downrigger weight (due to the weight) stays in the same position, we have found our divers ( since they are relatively light ) move around in the water column, especially when hit by a current wall. This movement provides very interesting results as I am sure we will witness by many reports this coming fishing season. The new unit that I used this summer was schooling me how to troll effectively ( after 30 years of fishing for Salmon and Trout ) for salmon and trout. The added knowledge helps us to understand how currents play a big part in our ability to produce the most effective bait presentation.

Matt;

Was your catch rate up with this new tool?

I have a fishhawk TD, it's a great unit, but you have to retrieve the unit to see where it was. With live speed, temp and depth  monitoring copper shows copper drops quite low in the water column when first deployed and takes about 10 minutes before it gets to actual running depth. Not sure how I can decifer that with my TD. I guess you could slide the TD down the line after the copper is in the water for 10 minutes for a general idea of where it's running, at least if travelling in the same direction as the current for an extended period of time.

I have a fishhawk TD, it's a great unit, but you have to retrieve the unit to see where it was. With live speed, temp and depth  monitoring copper shows copper drops quite low in the water column when first deployed and takes about 10 minutes before it gets to actual running depth. Not sure how I can decifer that with my TD. I guess you could slide the TD down the line after the copper is in the water for 10 minutes for a general idea of where it's running, at least if travelling in the same direction as the current for an extended period of time.

hmmm... will be a very very interesting development to follow up on

Does this have anything to do with the bluetooth speed and temp sensor? I saw something somewhere about a speed and temp sensor uses bluetooth linked directly to your phone.  No special wires, cables or transducer only your smart phone and was around $200.  I might be wrong...

WOW!!!! this couldn't have been posted any better, I was about to purchase a new fish hawk, think I will sit back and see what this new unit has to offer, better price, multi probes, sounds impressive, see what happens, hope before the season starts. Thanks Matthew!! PAP

300 seven strand copper down the chute has caught zebra mussels for me in 90-100 FOW while slow trolling for lakers on the bottom. It's right where predicted in that presentation and I wouldn't want any probe running there. My X4 on the rigger is is watched carefully and kept off bottom at all times.

If you thought your 450 copper was down 90 feet at 3mph and then technology came out that showed the 450 copper was down 45 feet at 3mph, would your catch rate go up with this information?

Maybe the probe affects the diving depth and brings it up?

Maybe the probe affects the diving depth and brings it up?

The probe is so tiny I don't believe it affects copper that much but probably does a little. When I look at our detailed Torpedo depth charts at torpedo dept at 2mph is dramatically different then at 3mph. Perhaps the same happens with copper.