Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
steelydan

Seneca seneca

i am heading up to seneca tommorrow, anyone been up recently? i would love to hear about your trip. thanks in advance.i will post a report on fri. tight lines. anyone else gonna be there? i have a radio. 2 boats are safer than 1.

Dan...

Edited by BlueEye

today sean and i fished for a couple of hrs and caught over 25 fish. we run some new spoons that was painted for us that was hot, coppers and lead cores took browns and landlocks.  lakers were hitting peanut on grease traps. 

Jason and I fish Seneca today from 10 to 12 did 20 fish in two hours. Same program you ran last time will work. Only had one short fish, we were trying out new tackle today. The salmon seem to be running in the 16 to 20 inch range. If some of them make it to summer they will be nice fish. We let them all go today so they can grow up. Shallow coppers and core, and deep flashers/flies all took fish.

thanks for the info guys. sounds like fun. sean, your mailbox is full. i tried sending you a pm.tight lines.

Dan...

If you have any trouble launching at the south end.... I was at Sampson yesterday and it was all open water at the launch ramp and all but the extreme northwest corner of the dock area which had some ice.

did fairly well today. alot of 15'' to 18'' salmon, 1 24'' salmon was invited to dinner. lake trout were on fire. hits came on f.f., riggers w/spoons and even got 2 on a 5 color and planer board. tight lines. this is my 14 yr old sons first trip to seneca. best auto pilot out there.post-149946-0-64460100-1361045975_thumb.jpg

Dan...

Edited by steelydan

Same for us. We fished shallow with flat lines and rapalas. Lots of salmon 18-22 ". Later we went deeper. Picked up a few lakers on flasher and flies. We caught fish on everything we threw at em. All fish exept 1 laker were released to get bigger.

Great job guys! I think the big salmon are gone, with the mild winter last year they got hammered so the class of fish we have now is what we are going to have for the year. Good news is they grow quick so should have some good ones next winter.

:rofl:  I like how Jason says 25 fish, and Sean says 20  :thinking: ......this is exactly how fishermen get a bad rap :lol: , but Hey ! THANKS for breaking up the Winter boredom  :yes:  :*

:rofl:  I like how Jason says 25 fish, and Sean says 20  :thinking: ......this is exactly how fishermen get a bad rap :lol: , but Hey ! THANKS for breaking up the Winter boredom  :yes:  :*

Maybe Jason has more toes than Sean to count on :lol:

Hey guys does anyone have any info on the lauches on Senaca.  We are thinking about heading up for the first trip of the year.  Is clute open?

Clute is iced in, but the launch by the new hotel is open. Just turn North at light at 4th and Decatur. Or go to Severne 18 miles north of Watkins on 14.

thinking about this weekend as well the way the weather looks how often does the lauch behind the hotel ice up? its supposed to be real cold the next two days if i have to launch from severn that changes things for me as i only have a range of a couple miles