I give up trying to buy anything on this site!

Shortly after a post was placed on the board i was the first to reply to the post stating that i would take the spoons. I then replied a second time to ask the seller to let me know how to pay them. As i look at the post now i see that the seller claims that someone else sent a private message before me and they have been sold to that person. This is total B.S! The moderators need to change policy so that the first person to publicly post on the ad should be first in line! This is the fifth time this has happened to me on this site. I have sold several items on this site and i have always sold to the first to reply publicly on the ad page. People are using the claim that private messages were received and selling to whom ever they choose and its wrong! It should be first to reply publicly on the ad page has first right to the sale! Does anyone agree?

Shortly after a post was placed on the board i was the first to reply to the post stating that i would take the spoons. I then replied a second time to ask the seller to let me know how to pay them. As i look at the post now i see that the seller claims that someone else sent a private message before me and they have been sold to that person. This is total B.S! The moderators need to change policy so that the first person to publicly post on the ad should be first in line! This is the fifth time this has happened to me on this site. I have sold several items on this site and i have always sold to the first to reply publicly on the ad page. People are using the claim that private messages were received and selling to whom ever they choose and its wrong! It should be first to reply publicly on the ad page has first right to the sale! Does anyone agree?

completely disagree I always sell to the person who is first to send me a PM

I feel private messages do not publicize the transaction and therefore leaves the transaction closed to the public. I personally believe if you are selling something publically then use public forms of communication out of respect for fellow members and to limit confusion, but that is just my 2 cents

I feel private messages do not publicize the transaction and therefore leaves the transaction closed to the public. I personally believe if you are selling something publically then use public forms of communication out of respect for fellow members and to limit confusion, but that is just my 2 cents

I have to somewhat agree with what "Little Crappie" stated.  Although the seller has every right to sell to whomever he/she wants to, I think the one who posted on public forum should be given a first shot at it.  I would post in public forum first stating that PM is on its way and everyone on this board has been very honorable.  I'm sorry about your experience, slow rollin.   That is also just my two cents...  

I am sure you talking about the spoons that I bought. I did send a public IM first to the seller under the spin doctor thread and in that message I asked to combine both items, the spin doctors and the spoons that he had for sale in on single transaction. I will make sure that if someone else sells numerous items that I send him a IM for every item for sale.   

Nick

Sorry, but I must disagree. i sell a lot of stuff on here and I also buy a lot of stuff. When I log into LOU, it instantly says, " HEY YOU HAVE A NEW PRIVATE MESSAGE" So, I check that first, in the order of messages. I dont pick and choose. No body is going to respond publicly, hey send twenty bucks to my  [email protected], they just won't. PM's are the way to go. It would make more sense to me if you just typed "PM sent" and send a PM, then for sure you know you were the first to claim. I recently had a deal that sucked. But we both worked through it. Take it like a grain of salt if need be, but just don't start calling people out. This is a great site, and for someone who does not contribute money to the site should not be calling out the mods for something they have NOT done wrong.

LOU is a great place.

Nick.

And I will even go a step further and say money talks if people fiddle around waiting to send payment I have no prob selling to somebody who is ready and will send the money on the spot

way to many people say "i will take them" and never follow up

Edited by bandrus1

I've never had an issue with bidding order...maybe it's "right" to sell to the first guy who contacts you, but there are shades of grey, and unless is was promised to you, you just got to suck it up. 

I've also had members send me extra stuff because they thought I could use it, or pick up the postage costs themselves. There's a definite sense of community. I know that I've given away some stuff that had been gathering dust at my place. In those cases, first one to show up at my door got it...after contacting me via pm, of course. Sometimes really good deals show up here, just because the members are stand-up guys, or looking to do a favor for a newbie. I'd sure be upset if I was that guy and got yelled at over a judgement call.

Bought lots of "Stuff" here with out a problem.  I send a PM to the seller and replie to the add that they have a PM.   I don't always get the thing I want.  But its like a silent auction,  win some lose some.     Lots of Flea-Markets coming up at both ends of the Lake and fingerlakes too.

Edited by Big Dave

A post and a PM gives the time of the response. If I'm selling something. I look to see who responded first. If you open your PM box before your post and sell to the first response, then slow rollin has a point. Of course a seller can choose whoever he wants. Not much a buyer can do about that.

As a twist to your post about sellers I had a drift boat for sale here, left my phone # to call, had a public post that said PM sent and was bombarded by PM's from more than 1 buyer offering to buy it at a higher price.  I always give the 1st guy that contacts me the right of 1st refusal, no matter how the contact was.

Edited by sszoldra

This is the great part of being in America.  I can pick and choose who I sell to if I so wish.  And nothing for nothing if I posted on here and a friend responded along with people I do not know, I would offer to my friend first. That is what friends do. 

I also do not know how someone can complain when the LOU does not charge for the classifieds.  This is a free service. If you want a time stamped purchase or auction style, stop shopping here and go to ebay.

Just my two cents.

This is the great part of being in America.  I can pick and choose who I sell to if I so wish.  And nothing for nothing if I posted on here and a friend responded along with people I do not know, I would offer to my friend first. That is what friends do. 

I also do not know how someone can complain when the LOU does not charge for the classifieds.  This is a free service. If you want a time stamped purchase or auction style, stop shopping here and go to ebay.

Just my two cents.

You remember those words the next time I want to buy something from you! :rofl:

I believe you are responding to the spoons I had listed, this was my first time posting on this site but I am not new to posting on other fishing forums, I did sell this to the first person that responded to the ad at 2:28 am, I checked the time stamp on both the listing and the private message...your response was at 3:39. Thank you for your interest, I think it is only fair to go by the time stamp...as I would want someone to do the same for me.

Mike

Edited by fishintrippz