I give up trying to buy anything on this site!

I have purchased items off this site on 4 differnt occasions...each time from four different people I have never met and probly never will. All Items were just as the seller discribed and were sent to me in a timely manner. Very happy with this site...you are buying or selling to other fisherman unlike other sites where you may be buying from someone who doesn't no the difference between a power boat and a blow boat! I sent Pm's to each seller and recieved promt Pm's back, I also told them they had a Pm. Great site...keep up the good work guys.

You can always buy from retail! It is always hard to please everyone. I have baught many things off this site and have lost some as well. Someone has to be first! Negative comments are not good for the site. The idea of the site is for fisherman and women helping others. LOTSA shows and flea markets are great. places to get used goods.  We have enough negativity in our world we shouldn't make our fishing forum negative as well! 

You can always buy from retail! It is always hard to please everyone. I have baught many things off this site and have lost some as well. Someone has to be first! Negative comments are not good for the site. The idea of the site is for fisherman and women helping others. LOTSA shows and flea markets are great. places to get used goods.  We have enough negativity in our world we shouldn't make our fishing forum negative as well! 

True, thanks ;)

And thank you to everyone else for the positive comments

If you are responding to a public ad i suggested that you should only be able to reply publicly on the ad. That would take away any confusion and would also make sure the items were sold to the proper buyer. I thought people were encouraged to make suggestions . Not sure why so many people are angry about it.

Over the years i have bought some things here on LOU but I have sold way more then i have ever bought. One thing i have learned is it seems almost every single situation is different. People have contacted me about items for sale by phone calls, text messaging, emails, PMs, facebook, smoke signals, and of course by responding to my post. I truly believe in selling to the first person who "contacts me". Unfortunately that means that someone who PMs me loses out to someone who picks up the phone sometimes. Trust me, Ive been there. I have been beaten to the draw on more items for sale here then i have ever purchased. I would easily say 4 to 1. It hasnt stopped me. It hasnt even slowed me down. You cant hold grudges about it, you have to move on and just have to look for the next big deal. I mean at this point you certainly cant change the game. Just as we have the right to choose who we buy things from, sellers have the right to choose how or who they sell too. Im sure if you keep looking youll eventually find something on here to buy. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought and sold plenty on this site. I also have been beaten to the punch. Thats how it goes. I am not sitting at a computer all day and sometimes I dont get to it for days. If somone wants something from me that I am selling they can call me, my number is posted. I Like to communicate human to human. That way I know that people are really interested. I do not have time to be jerked around by day dreamers. I have been sent PM's by people first interested in what I have and sold it to someone that has contacted me via phone before I have checked my messages. Serious people use the telephone in my opinion. Oh and if you are selling something and you dont post your number than I guess your really not all that interested in selling it, are you. Not intended for any one person just venting my 2 cents.

Listing your TN in your posting is a bad idea since it's visible on the web and can be grabbed by programs designed to do just that.  Choosing to provide your number on a PM doesn't have that concern, but it's still a judgement call.  I've seen VERY few issues on this site but it's still a good idea to check out who you're dealing with.  Look at how long they've been a member and search on their user name to make sure there haven't been any issues before you send payment.  

Just remember when you put info on the net like a picture, phone number, birth date you are letting the world know this and letting them use this info. I'm sure certain things on this site are secure just be careful before you let out the info.Just my opinion.......Dave