NY State Fishing License Reduced Fee Proposal

He was probably going to steal the money anyway so lets not give him anymore than possible.The 365 day thing is a good thing IMO ,used in FLA. Also I can call a  number down there and get a licence over the phone in effect that moment by confirm number & credit card.

Lets draw a line across the state  on a 45 deg angle at about West Point and we could be the 51st state. Kind of like amputating a bad leg. My guess is we would thrive up here.

You're not kidding there wish it would have happened long before this gun legislation went into effect.  The fact is they know we would thrive without them and they funnel all of our hard earned money into that god forsaken place.

Does anyone think this is a "bone" he's throwing to the sportsmen/women? Think he's trying to "cozy up" after his infringement on or 2nd rights? I will not be buying any hunting licences this year. I'll go to PA or pick road kill. See you in albany on thursday.

Does anyone think this is a "bone" he's throwing to the sportsmen/women? Think he's trying to "cozy up" after his infringement on or 2nd rights? I will not be buying any hunting licences this year. I'll go to PA or pick road kill. See you in albany on thursday.

I am the First person to stand up and be heard on my second amendment rights.  Those of you who know me personally have seen my facebook posts in recent weeks.  However to boycott a hunting licences wont do any good you will only hurt the DEC and our wildlife budget.  We have said all along the the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting,  and isnt.  To me if you want to not spend money or spend money it would be on a canidate for office that supports your opinion or views.  I for one will be looking hard from here on out at a person running for office that supports my views and I will also ask the hard questions.  It is my personal opinion that not purchasing hunting license's wont do a darn thing but hurt our wildlife.  This is not the DEC'd fault..  See you on THURSDAY in Albany!!!!

I am the First person to stand up and be heard on my second amendment rights.  Those of you who know me personally have seen my facebook posts in recent weeks.  However to boycott a hunting licences wont do any good you will only hurt the DEC and our wildlife budget.  We have said all along the the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting,  and isnt.  To me if you want to not spend money or spend money it would be on a canidate for office that supports your opinion or views.  I for one will be looking hard from here on out at a person running for office that supports my views and I will also ask the hard questions.  It is my personal opinion that not purchasing hunting license's wont do a darn thing but hurt our wildlife.  This is not the DEC'd fault..  See you on THURSDAY in Albany!!!!

Absolutely agree with Brian on this,  Boycotting Hunting/Fishing Licenses ONLY hurts the DEC, and they are NOT our adversaries on the gun control issue.  Gotta stay focused folks.

Tim

I have been buying my NY state license  for 25 years, and I will continue to buy it no matter what the cost is.  I spend just about every weekend on the lake, many trips to the Salmon River each year, a few weekends on Oneida, and a 5 day trip each year up around the St. Lawerence.  There's a reason why I travel to NY from PA to fish..................the fishing is better!  The way I look at it is, if the money is there and there is a surplus, put it aside for another day.  Always good to have some "mad money".  It's just like the gas prices, we all complained when it went from $1.50 to $4.00, now we think we're getting a deal when it drops to $3.50/gallon.  Leave the license fee where it is.  Just my opinion.

I quit hunting because I would rather fish but will buy my licence this year & go at least once or twice, just on principle, And encourage all to do the same. We need the sales of everything gun related ,( hunting, target shooting, etc) to skyrocket to send a mesage & influence the vote. To boycott would be a mistake.

I just hope lowering hunting license fees doesn't come with a catch like... now u must register the long gun you plan on hunting with. Id like to think its great the state is lowering the license fees, I'm sure there is a catch, lived in ny my whole life, there is always a catch.

Yankee Troller, I hear you but just like the NY Safe Act,Prince Coumo pushed the Fishing & Hunting License Changes as well with out the NY Conservation Councils Imput. I have clients from out of state complaining as well,even with the Non-Resident Fishing License dropping from $70 to $50 some are not happy.Some only fish for 5 days a year in NY,5 Day use to be $35(now gone) only 1 Day $10 each or Full Season for $50,so it cost them $15 more.The state knows more Non-Residents will now purchase a Full Year for $50.

Everything is made to look like everyone is saving but they will make more money to the Conservation Fund and still will not spend it where it was intended to be spent.

Capt. Larry