Seneca memorial day weekend derby

It is a tradition with me too. I've fished since shortly after I came back from overseas in 1967 (military). I start looking forward to the next one about a couple weeks after I fish it :>) We've placed several times over the years (including last year) and have led it a few times but never scored the winning position. The funny thing is that a couple times over the years I've caught bigger lakers than the ones that won it BEFORE the derby or AFTER it.....timing is everything in life :>) My son (35) has been in it with me since about five or six and thats truly the best part of it....fishing it together as a team and busting each other too :>) Out fishing Adm Byrd comes in a close second as well :>)

Les

I need to repeatedly remind Sk8man (he suffers from old timers disease) that 3 years ago he told me fishing in the Finger Lakes & Lake O is dead. If I hadn't tormented him with my amazing catches he would just be sitting on shore at the Sand Bar eating swordfish sandwiches with any "nice guy" he could find. He also forgets it was his son that put him onto his good fish last year, I know, he told me over and over for 2 weeks till he forgot that part to.

Son of a B...., just thinking about kicking Les's butt again this year has got me pumped as well.

Good Luck to everyone!

Bob

:yes: Got our registration tickets back today #41 and #42 :lol:  I once had my lucky number 12 but it didn't so any good that year :shake: So much for superstition....

Hey Poke I hope you bring some of that nice Alabama weather when you come up here

Edited by Sk8man

You "Southenders" would probably get all snagged up on bottom up here :)  after all those years in the depths at the south end :lol:  Its always a toss up where to start out from year to year isn't it? My boat is so used to the northern half of the lake that I don't even need an autopilot....it already knows its way...

Look forward to this tournament every year! Just hope there are enough youtube videos to contain my cabin fever until then.

I will be staying at Sampson, site #307 in the overflow. Look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys in person.

Sk8man,

I was born a northender. Grew up fishing out of Dresden off hansen point. Family cottage was there for many years..

I love the north end, I do, but I love being 15 minutes from my boat too!! Plus all of the good timeson the south end, Fishing, beaches, bars/grilles... Fun times!!

Nick

Nick,

I was just messin with you when I said "Southender" bud...I too appreciate both ends and the middle as well Some of my favorite spots are out from Dresden too... and I hear ya about being close to the boat (and thelandlocks as well :>)....I'm close to my trailer but that's about it :>)

Les

Kevin,

Sounds like a plan! Some of you guys have been fishing this derby since before I was born!

My dad got me hooked on fishing at the age of 4. While i'd rather be salmon fishing, there is something about fishing this one with my dad that keeps me coming back every year!

Jason