Stick Bait Tackle Box

Chas0218

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these? I think I might buy one for my stick baits and one for my spoons. It would make life so much easier only having 2 boxes for all of them maybe even put the spoons with the stick baits.

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Special_Mate_8__Crankbait_Tackle_Box.htm

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these? I think I might buy one for my stick baits and one for my spoons. It would make life so much easier only having 2 boxes for all of them maybe even put the spoons with the stick baits.

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Special_Mate_8__Crankbait_Tackle_Box.htm

You can buy a lot of spoons and stickbaits for what those cost! :o

Looks like this will be on my to buy list. I currently use the little clear plastic plano boxes and it is a royal PITA having to untangle all the time.

Youll find that they are great to keep you organized. A couple of downside to them are they do take up alot more room and they dont store as much.

I bought one for my spoons from Wes at Slippery Sinker last year.  They're great for keeping spoons organized with quick viewing and access to all of your spoons.  They do take up some deck space, but I just move it into the cabin when I'm not rigging.  I plan on one for my stick baits soon because those always turn into a mess. Only problem is I quickly filled it with new spoons and need a second box!  Be careful not to tip these over because the lures become dislodged from the slots and you end up rearranging them again.

Doug

These boxes are great. I bought two to organize my spoons by color and size.

Had problem with them in the rigging area on the boat as they take up a lot of space. The second time the box got knocked over and all the spoons ended up on the floor in a tangled mess I relegated them to storage in the cabin.

Now we go into these boxes once in the morning and select all the spoons we want for the day and put those into a plastic Plano box and take that into the fishing area instead.

I also bought 2 wall hanging lure holders on here that are essentially a sheet of dense foam with a clear plastic flap that hang on the cockpit walls. We put the spoons we want to use from the Plano boxes on these holders and rig from there. Everything out of the way and nothing to spill on the floor.

Has worked good so far.

Mike

I've got one for spoons and one for body baits. They are great. There is a trick to them however. Before closing the box make sure the slats are all facing the same end and pretty straight up. If you don't, they are not contacting the foam in the lid correctly and the hooks can jump out of the slots if the boxes are rough handled. This will result in a mess and some cleanup time.. If you do it right, they are great. You just need to be aware of it and make sure they are all upright before closing the lids.

i have the 8" stick bait box, works great, like it just as much if not more than my wille bait file

My dad has the willie bait file it's too bad they don't make them anymore.  He wishes he had bought a couple or at least a few more sections.  Those things were a great idea a little before their time.

Edited by Chas0218

I have three of the stick bait boxes and three spoon boxes, they do work good but are pricey. I found mine at various gander mountain stores on clearance a couple years ago. I found one in a local store and then had the fishing manager hunt down more from other stores in Michigan and Minnesota. I don't know if they do that anymore, (ship between stores). The Willie files are nice too. Aways looking at garage sales for those bad boys.

yeah the wille's are nice, you can sometimes find one or two on ebay, i drive my wife aroud to garage sales, and last year i hit the mother load a 9 section bait file for $4, couldn't believe it,  they are handy but the special mate is easier to use.

I think you will like the Multi-Mates.  I have a stickbait box with the lure dividers and the spoon box without.  Both styles are great boxes.  If you hang your spoons on both sides of the sheet you can certainly put a pile of spoons in it.  I have almost 400 in one box alone.   Much better than the soft tackle bags I was using.   Of course my spoons are all single siwash hooks, wouldn't want to double up with trebles.

Edited by Turfwrench

I had a pile of assorted boxes.

Ended up with 4 of those, and put duct tape "labels" on them.

When we are fishing we just lay the gear on the doghouse, in the Starcraft.

Makes for a nice work area......as long as it's not too bumpy.

I Love my boxes as i run them for both stix and spoons! The only thing with the stix you realy have to go every other slot for hanging!!  If you dont you will still find your self untangling hooks ALOT. There are just to many trebles on the stix to avoid it, unless you give them room.

• 10 months later...