Berger VLD....BULLETS

CHAMP99B

Ok,all you hunters.....i can't tell you enough about this bullet.....i'm shooting them in the .280...308..30.06....they are everything they say they are..."AWESOME" 200-300 yd shots are "DROPDEAD...AND DOWN"....make sure you hit the boiler room !!!! The exit side of  this round is devastating.....i studied these bullets for 2-yrs before i tried them.....It's a one shot one kill operation.i'll never buy another bullet but "BERGER" VLD......

• 7 months later...

its not the quality its the money.   i buy hornady spbt's and sst's for deer hunting  and as long as i weigh each bullet for consistancy and same for the casings, i get the same results.  burger tests there bullets for consistancy thats the only thing they do better is give you all the same bullets in a pack.  cheaper brands just have a weight tolerance allowance of about 2 grains.  it can give you fliers i have weight them and tested my theory.  bergers's are fantastic right along with hornadys sierras noslers speers and so on.  i just choose to shoot alot and like to shoot what im hunting with all the time.   same loads.  i just have a gun for everyday of the week for every season and every bullet weight.   keeps it simple right? haha. 

edited to say that i do use bergers for my 6mm rem but havnt killed anything yet.

Edited by kingslamon22

I do some long range shooting and hunting with factory loads, but will start loading next year as Im low on ammo and 25wssm is not available anymore other than varmint loads. The berger vld and other HIGH bc bullets will be my choice. Wind is the enemy in long range shooting, over 400 yards, and a high bc is what im looking for! Trajectory is easily dialed in, but wind is a true variable and the VLD bullets really combat this.

justin

Totally right Justin. The one thing most people don't relies is vld's require faster twist rates than most stock rifles have. Also some magazine s will not work when the bullet is loaded to the lands or close to them. Justine if you have any questions on starting to reload call me. I have been doing it awhile.