oswego river

mhtrapper

I used to fish down there in the winter for walleyes . Fished right down town open water from jan. til march 15 mosly weekends at night  . Its about a 2 hr drive last few years been down there no luck what so ever still get the browns ,lakers and occasionaly  steelhead . All of our fishing is done at night between 6pm till 1 or 2 am we drive it so its a long way to go to not get any eyes . When i first started going it was unbelieveable alwaye caught eyes some nights better than others but never got skunked. Just wondered if anybody has any input what went wrong down there to me it started after they did all the work on side walks by motels new fence not sure about tailrace by lock just dont seem to have the back current there used to be to me thats when it went down hill at lest in the winter. Its been 8 to 10 years since its been good this time of year from what i can see but i dont live right there so i can try it more often any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm interested in this topic as well, I've tried in may from the walls and never done well or seen anyone do well. Have seen firsthand the trollers doing well . Midnite to dawn. I know guys get them there, but wonder what I'm doing wrong. I've heard of people doing well all winter long as well.

• 2 months later...

The fishing in the winter was as good as winter fishing gets I cant speak for any thing else, like I said used to go down at least one night a week and always caught walleye from the wall from Jan. til march.never a lot of people at most maybe 6 a lot of times 3 might be with myself. It was a different kind of fishing for sure never made it down this year hope to get down next winter and try it again hopefully someone will fill us in on why it is so much different than it was 10 to 15 years ago Thanks and good luck fishing.