This is going to be my first LOC tournament and was just wandering if any of you experienced pros had any imput on anything. Maybe give me a heads up on what to expect on the crowd of boats. Just maybe your previous experiences in the tournaments. Is it better to fish the first days or wait till the boat crowd subsides? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

The boat crowds don't subside as the derby goes on, they intensify. Olcott will be crowded, but won't be insane.  Most of the pack will most likely be down at the Niagara Bar. 

I will be out of Olcott myself.  That is my home port and where I keep my boat slipped.  There should be fish all over the place, just keep away from the pack and fish the hooks and bait pods you see on the graph.

Feel free to PM me on here as we get closer to derby time and I'll let you know what's going on.

Tim

Thanks you. I will be sure to do that. I will most likely fish the opening days of the tournament seeing how I'm limited to what I can fish. Kings are a blast, no doubt about that.

Another thing. I usually run only 6 roads. I'm looking for good setups on how to run my 8 or 10

• 1 month later...

Topeye hi cdq's dad been fishing loc for yrs. good choice for ports. I fish out of Wilson during spring loc. find myself fishing down at the bar / Wilson/ olcott. I agree with what Tim said. Good advise! I like to play the wind to my advantage sometimes dictates witch way I go out of port. Plus the weather from day before can move fish. As far as # of rods lots of times can't keep six in the water when the kings there. I keep it simple and tight can turn easier and avoid traffic stay north of the fleet. Lots of yrs. never fish less then 60ft. Good luck.