NY Great Lakes Muskie Season Changes

Low water levels making for loss of spawning habitat and to late to adjust the season start date to July 1st were the two major reasons for no season change.It will be looked at again in 2016, don't be surprised if the NYSDEC comes out with s July 1st to Dec 15th Great Lakes Musky Season for all NY Great Lakes Waters as their idea then.

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 1 month later...

Last time I talked to Mike Clancy from NYSDEC Region 9 the Inland Muskie Season for 2014 was starting on Memorial Day Weekend Saturday and closing on November 30th.But now I'm a little concerned that it was never put up for Public Review.I will ask the NY Muskies 69 Board of Directors if they can send a letter asking Mike Clancy for clarification since we have heard nothing yet.I did recieve a letter from Steve Lapan NYSDEC Region 6 explaining their reasoning for no changes now for the Great Lakes Waters.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by mostlymuskies

Mike, I know about the Memorial Day Weekend start, but Mike Clancy was set on November 30th Closing last time I talked to him.Still wondering why it has not come up for Public Review at the NSDEC website yet.If it doesn't go up for Public Review it doesn't usualy happen!

Edited by mostlymuskies