New Speed and Temp update

Actually I think the Price is pretty competitive with the other "high tech" units out there. I like the ability to see each one of your lines in conjuction to excatly where it is. Do "we" need all this stuff its all in your own perception.  I wouldn't be caught out on the lake without a GPS, VHF, Cell Phone or Sonar. I dont know who would argue the fact that down speed and temp isnt a very critical part of the whole equation. As far as I'm concerened this would be just another weapon in the arsenal. (as long as you dont load more than 7 probes). :P  

I have to agree with Sk8man. The price is much higher than led to believe. Even if it is a tad lower than the competition which is seriously overpriced as well. 

When you are looking at a Fishhawk X4D which is the only unit you can compare this to ( well not really because of the probe size ) Fishhawk X4D is listed on their website at $795.00 but you do get a screen. The X4D probe is listed on their website $269.00. If you lost the probe you will likely buy a break away cannon ball lead for $11.00

A Smart Troll Speed Depth Temp unit is listed on the website for $650.00 or $145 dollars less then the Fishhawk X4D but you need a screen. You can buy a large 7" tablet at Wally World for $60. Total cost for a Smart Troll with a larger screen is $710.00 Replace speed depth temp probe cost is $200.

Personally I will be using the depth-temp probe for my rods but will be using speed depth temp on my downrigger. A FishHawk TD probe costs $155.00, this is not live feedback, you must retrieve the setup to find out what depth it was running at, and in fact you don't know where your bait was running at because when you let out a rod setup it drops a lot more then the actual running depth. A Smart Troll probe that gives live speed and temp costs $150.

Maybe I am missing something but to me it seems you are getting a more efficient system at a lower cost.

My original point was aimed at the reliance on all the hype and gadgetry and the forgetting (or failure to learn in some cases) of sport fishing skills - not price comparison of units per se. It is obvious that you are trying to SELL these things for whatever reason and that's great but I was aiming at the any folks out there who are just getting started in this sport and are maybe buzzed out or overwhelmed by the perceived NEED for all the high tech stuff when it truly isn't an absolute necessity to effectively and/or consistently  catch fish. To  charter folks for example $700 might not be much money and is part of doing business and attracting customers etc. which they NEED to do but for the young dude who is just starting out who is trying to get an informational handle on things here the $700 may be more than his/her entire equipment budget and they may get discouraged thinking they don't have a chance at catching big fish and that is certainly NOT the case. That was my point.....

I have heard nothing as far as a warranty or customer service. Reliability of a product is worth a lot in its self. People I know who have a fish hawk have had good service. I myself thought it would be cheaper givin new product.

I have heard nothing as far as a warranty or customer service. Reliability of a product is worth a lot in its self. People I know who have a fish hawk have had good service. I myself thought it would be cheaper givin new product.

Exactly !  You are comparing a new product and company with no viable track record to Fish Hawk.....who has the best warrenty service and customer service of anyone I have ever dealt with!  Trevor, from Fish Hawk, has replaced both my x-4 probe AND my display at no cost based on nothing but a phone call explaining what my problem was. It turned out I got a faulty probe, but he replaced both...no charge and no hassle and it was over a year after purchase. Most people never have to use their customer service, but it's awesome when needed.

I think it's great to see new companies push the boundries of new design and innovation. It keeps everyone on their heels and us consumers win in the end.  I have not looked at this product yet, but if the price is anywhere close to Fish Hawk why buy it before a trusted Pro Staff is developed and the product has been tested be people we know and trust?

Just my opinion and I hope it all works out for them....from the little I read here it sounds like it has a possible market if they can get the price down OR get the right people talking about it.

Another point here is, you can't substitute electronics for experience! I went with a Charter trip a couple of times......well worth the $. They will also give advice and techniques. Most of all...."be safe and have fun!" Steve..................

Matthew

Thank you for choosing LOTSA as your initial showing of the prices for your units. The explanation of how it works and how to work it was well done and informative. I hope your enterprise works out for you. The cost is reasonable when it's a fisherman's initial purchase of high tech electronics.