Tiller to Remote Control for a 2003 Honda 9.9

f1sh-0n

I bought the ez steer and that works great.  But as I used the boat last year I really was wishing I could control my speed from the cockpit.  I been searching on the internet but i can't really get a straight answer.  Is this something that can be done fairly easy?  Its not electric start and thats ok, I am just looking for throttle control.   

Thanks guys I am going to look into this as it would make driving alot easier.  Also last year it seems like i was able to catch more fish trolling on my big motor.  The only thing I can attribute that to is that when trolling with the Honda my speed was alot more steady.  We usually set the throttle on the honda and forgot it.  I have alot seemed to get hits when changing speeds. 

The control king has a momentary full throttle lever. If you need to "boost" your speedjust push hthe lever up and the rpm's kick up. Great for offsetting an occasional wake from another boat or for adding a short burst speed change to your program to entice a bite.

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

I have a controll king and it works nice. In actuality all they are is a servo checker that an rc guy would use to check servos on Remote controlled aircraft and cars. This is used to move the servo via a rheostat on the checker. Shielded wiring to go from the helm to the engine, and a RC servo, bracket, and linkage attached to the throttle linkage of the carb. They also have something to reduce 12volt boat power down to what servos can tolerate which I think is around 6volts I had a servo go bad up Fair haven this last summer and ran to Fulton to an RC shop and got a new one for $9.00. Grabbed a spare as well and through in the glove box. If some one wanted a winter project, They could probably build one for $50-$75.