Smart Troll Lure Tracking Device - By Captain Dave

Hello fellow fisherman!

I have been reading some of your comments regarding lure depth devices. Well here is a must have for all trollers www.smarttroll.com. This device is not from Canada it is from the USA. I have been on the pro-staff with Smart-Troll for the last 3 years! This device will sharpen your fish catching skills like no other device you have ever used on your fishing boat. I have had a return signal beyond 500' behind my boat here in central Indiana. I doubled my daily catch by putting the lures within 6" of the fish’s mouth that you see on your depth finders. All you need to do is make a log of every lure that you use and use the line counters that we have on our reels. You will need to be consistent on your speed for the depths to be exact day after day. The water current can play games with you, however you will have to keep that in mind and adjust accordingly. Check out my website and see some of the striped bass we have caught due to this advanced lure tracking device. The device is listed under my sponsors tab.

*** You just have no idea how many fish you have missed by being @ the wrong depth with your lures!!!!!

Captain Dave

post-151899-0-74515700-1362508771_thumb.jpg

I think one of my concerns would be the durability of the probe....looks a bit flimsy to me and maybe easy to lose ...say on debris in the water or if lines tangle up or snag

Edited by Sk8man

I think one of my concerns would be the durability of the probe....looks a bit flimsy to me and maybe easy to lose ...say on debris in the water or if lines tangle up or snag

The probe is fully encased in epoxy, it is totally durable. For those that don't put the probe in a safe place then yes it will be easy to lose. For example I would put my probe ahead of my dipsy and not behind my dipsy, how often does the line break 10 feet ahead of a dipsy?

I've only been fishing salmon for two summers now and I'm going to purchase a probe for this season, my concern, besides the price, is there enough inventory if this unit is a hot seller or will it be on back order all summer. I don't want to put money out there and wait all summer to receive this product.

I've only been fishing salmon for two summers now and I'm going to purchase a probe for this season, my concern, besides the price, is there enough inventory if this unit is a hot seller or will it be on back order all summer. I don't want to put money out there and wait all summer to receive this prod

I was wondering when this question would be asked, it is a very good question and the owner has addressed it. In fact I will post the email I received from the owner.

Matthew,

Please be advised that I do not plan any Pre-sales. My plan is to put actual stock numbers on the Website. If the product goes out of stock then I will post a realistic eta for it to go back in stock.

If someone makes a purchase through the Website, when the product is on back-order, then I will tell them a realistic eta and give them the choice of a full refund or be put on a priority list…those on the priority list will be given preference as the systems come back into stock.

We will increase the manpower needed to keep back-orders to a minimum. If need be production can be ramped up to 500 units per month.

If I'm following the info correctly you will need a smart phone, low end phone cost $200.00 then in order to use an app you will need a service of some sort, verizon which is what I have for phone service now is $79.00 a month, so I need a phone $200.00. My service is free due to my work pays my service,Does the Smart Troll communicate with the phone directly or are you using the service, are you going to be roaming, if so your bill will floor you when you get it, or am I all wrong, Just wondering?? $79.00 a year is $948.00 a year plus $200.00 for the phone=$1'148.00 the first year because of the cost of the phone,$948,00 every year after for the phone service?

Thanks Mathew for the info, consistency and trust are two key ingrediants when trying to brake into a market, so fare so good. This is good forum to establish both, I for one think if your willing to bring a new product on line in this forum, you MUST have confidence that it will perform well. Just remember being transparent is the best way to success. I'm on board and waiting to see how much this system cost.  

Pap, I have a old Pandigital tablet that is a version 2.3 android that will work, it is blue tooth capable, no need for any extra services, so there is no added cost to you. The Pandigital has a 5 x 7 in screen, I will just need to get a water proof case for it. One nice feature, I am also buying a new phone, so I'm looking at the androids this time, this will be great to have a screen at the helm and in my pocket for when i'm at the stren, Just my thoughts.  

So what your saying is, no need for a 4g net work, the phone will communicate with the smart troll? Im not that teck savy so this is kind of confusing to me, please feel free to help me understand this new teck stuff, I really like the what I been hearing as far it's ability to do so much, just lost in fog with the understanding of how it works.

So what your saying is, no need for a 4g net work, the phone will communicate with the smart troll? Im not that teck savy so this is kind of confusing to me, please feel free to help me understand this new teck stuff, I really like the what I been hearing as far it's ability to do so much, just lost in fog with the understanding of how it works.

Pap,

The device communicates via blueoth not cell data. It's the same way you can connect your phone to a hands free ear piece. So, you actually ont need a cell phone but rather any device that as android software and Bluetooth, like a tablet.

One you download the app even if you use your cellphone to run the app then it doesn't use cellular data at all.

So all you really have is the cost of the probe system to worry about it. Everyone has a cell phone nowadays so that part you can't ascribe to the system.

Well, you certainly have my interest picqued. If the pricing is right, I can see this added to my arsenal. What I like is that it appears it would be easy to move the system from boat to boat, assuming the receiver unit can be wired with some sort of quick connects without losing signal strength.

Looking at the website, I see it says pricing is not available at this time. When it IS available, I hope you will update this post. I'm interested to see the pricing as individual pieces AND as complete systems.

It appears to be a neat new product. I'm happy to see its gone through 7 years of testing and upgrades. Hopefully this means we, as purchasers, aren't having to deal with "new product" issues that commonly happen now-a-days when companies hand off the "test phase" to the consumer. I'm looking forward to more info.

If possible, would you try to convince the owner of this product to put up a video on his website showing what an operating unit looks like... ie: wiring of receiver and what the phone screen display looks like/shows.

Is the speed being given by the probe a SOG or a true Speed At The Lure ?

Last question, how long does a typical Android phone battery last while using this product?

Thank you.

Edited by jobsite