Proos Downrigger Parts

I'm at a total dead end.  I've got Proos electric riggers on my boat, and I'm looking for counters and counter springs.  I don't need them now, but I'd like to a couple of each in my parts box incase I need them.

I've looked everywhere on-line to even just find a place that sells Proos riggers, let alone the parts.  I did send an email to the company through their contact page on their website, I may have to call them. 

Anybody got any sources or other suggestions for parts?

Try Wolfs Marine in Benton Harbor Michigan (call them stuffs not on their website)

250 W. Main St.

Benton Harbor, MI 49022

Phone: (269) 926-1068

Fax: (269) 926-1731

you can buy counters and springs from various other brands... bih jon being one of them depending what style and how it is you may be able to retrofit one if needed

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the info.  My folks live in Ontario, maybe I'll have my Dad stop by and inquire for me at B&E.

I did get an email response from a representative of Proos.  Seem the downtroller part of the business has been bought.  Proos manufacturing will continue with their non-fishing manufacturing business, while this other entity is going to take over the downrigger manufacturing. 

Here's the reponse I got from them;

Good Afternoon Chris,

I purchased Proos fishing equipment from the Proos family this week. We are in the process of moving inventory and putting up a proper web presence. The new company will be called Sovereign. The equipment and quality will be the same. But the Proos family is keeping their core non-marine business, so we've chosen a new name to reflect the split.

Things are a little hectic at the moment. But, I will have a quote to you for parts early next week.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Thanks for the update Chris, I need to get 3 more counters for mine bought 2 last summer and they were $30. each Please let us know when they are ready for Bussiness if they tell you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I'm Nathan, I bought the Proos Fishing Business. Our website is www.sovereigndownriggers.com. All of the downriggers and rod holders are up on the website.  Springs and counters are the only parts up currently, we'll be adding more as time allows. I'm looking forward to taking care of your maintenance needs.

Nathan

Hello Guys,

I'm Nathan, I bought the Proos Fishing Business. Our website is www.sovereigndownriggers.com. All of the downriggers and rod holders are up on the website.  Springs and counters are the only parts up currently, we'll be adding more as time allows. I'm looking forward to taking care of your maintenance needs.

Nathan

Nathan,

Thanks for posting here and clarifying what is going on with the business.  I had originally contacted you by email about a month ago about parts, and I appreciate you getting back to me.  Lots of guys here on Lake Ontario have the old Proos riggers, but many times the only parts source is buying used riggers and robbing parts.  I checked out your website, looks great, and I'll be putting in an order for some parts in the next week. 

Thanks!

Chris Jolliff