Open Launches Near Oswego / Mexico?

I want to get out this Saturday or Sunday for browns, but I'm not sure what is accessible. I don't care if the docks are in as long as I can get in the water. Is the lower end of Salmon River, Little Salmon River, Oswego River, etc. still frozen? My buddy is taking a drive up tomorrow afternoon to look, but I figured I would try and save him a trip if anyone has intel.

In Oswego its a little tight to get around (the docks are on most of the ramps), but the ramp is free of ice. At least for today.

I thought Wright's Landing did not open until April? Anyone else plan to get out this weekend? Is it a safe assumption that the gate is open at Little Salmon / Mexico Point?

Last I checked the water was mid 40's but it dropped to mid 30's due to all the north wind. Think we'll have a bucket of minnows handy if the fish are too sluggish for trolling speed...

A friend of mine checked the boat launch in Oswego Harbor this morning and said that the launch was free of ice. Think me and my Polarkraft will be there tomorrow heading toward the plant. Wohooo... come on browns!

A friend of mine checked the boat launch in Oswego Harbor this morning and said that the launch was free of ice. Think me and my Polarkraft will be there tomorrow heading toward the plant. Wohooo... come on browns!

Do you mean the launch at Wrights Landing or the drift boat launch under the river bridge?

Good news Skarky , get your beer drinking gloves ready i'm bring her up at the end of march.

Cool dude, my gloves are ready. My driveway is clear and ready if you need it, same goes for you too Frank.

The first 30 pack is on me. :beer:

The launch at Wright's landing is open according to a friend of mine who lives in Oswego. And the photo above looks like it is wide open. Not sure if I will make it today but Tuesday is game on.

• 2 weeks later...