WTB Sea Ray Amberjack 270 or equal (Penn Yan hardtop)

seasquirrel

I have an Amberjack 26 ft twin v8 for sale. Totally rigged. I am a 2 boat owner so it needs to go. It has the 6 in lip over the engines but I run back and forth across and stand on to rig. Ad is on GLA.

[email protected] for a pic file. Whats not in the add that I have decided to include are a x-19 with a shoot thru hull trans, awesome combo unit. And an AP-12 auto pilot.

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seasquirrel - i looked at that c-stalker in Ohio two weeks ago. Very disappointed! Nice boat and very clean, but the gunnels in the back wouldnt of come up to my knees! Dont need a customer falling out of it! Its realy hard to find a late 80 early 90 amberjack in the 27' range. looks like if i sell mine we are going to be competing for boats!

Fishtails, thanks for the help. I have already ruled that boat out. The straight six engines are a good engine to aviod. Aluminum blocks and steel heads. Weird alternator or lack of an traditional alternator in those too. I am looking at two Amberjacks in Michigan. So I will travel for the right rig. Yankee Troller, that is a bummer about the c-stalker! It is a bit out of my price range anyway! That sucks that we are competing for the same type of boat. I need to bribe Billy to send the good ones he finds to me before you! :lol: Good luck and any I find that wont work for me I will send your way.

Penn Yan Gunnels are typically short. All the Penn yans I have fished on or seen have had to have raised downrigger mounts or boards for extra freeboard.

Cant fall out of a BAHA!!!!!!

Umm I don't think so less your 7' tall. Sold and rigged a lot of em and no complaints. Ask Billy what he thinks of his. 26 and 28 are basically the same cockpit. Freeboard and area.

Penn Yan Gunnels are typically short. All the Penn yans I have fished on or seen have had to have raised downrigger mounts or boards for extra freeboard.

Cant fall out of a BAHA!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree with L&M. I had a 21' and the gunnels were rly high, and so was Billy's 24. I have also been on Billy's 29 and the 288's and those were fine too. It differs by model.

Pennfish, I have looked at a couple prohunter's online is all. The ones I saw had the 454 engine in them. I would prefer twin 6's like offered in some of the Amberjacks. I know a 454 can/will use less fuel than a 350 which is working harder. Thanks for the help guys. If we get close to spring, I will hang on to mine for another season. My power plant and outdrive are 100 % anyway

what do you you currently have for a boat? I know your looking for twins, but dont know of any newer penn yans with twins all ive seen are singles! I know your hesitant about a 454 but trust me everyone with the 350 says they are underpowered with a full load on board. Many have replaced the 350 with the 454 and been very happy! Let me know what you currently have and what your asking I may be willing to take it in trade.

Dan

I'll echo what most have said here. I've owned three Penn Yan's over the years. All of them (an 18, a 24, and my current boat) were plenty deep. My current boat probably has the least amount of freeboard out of all that I've owned, but it still comes up well past my knees.

Here's the 24'

August12-13005.jpg

Here's the 295

WaynePro-Am2007005.jpg

But in my opinion the 26' Penny's have the least amount of freeboard out of any of them. I definitely noticed it the first time I fished on one, but even still it was plenty deep enough and came up past my knees. I think lots of guys put the raised bars/mounts on the 265's so that they can raise the riggers up a bit. As I seem to remember, Runnin Rebel has bars like that on his and it works out pretty well.